Just back from a trip

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 09, 2005 at 18:58
ThreadID: 24579 Views:2084 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Well we got back late Thursday night from our latest trip. We left Brisbane on the 19th of June (after kids sport) and we have been to -
Murgon (Brother there to stay the first night)
Mackay
Townsville (2 nights) visited Magnetic Island
Charters Towers (visited Ravenswood on the way)
Hughendon (and visited Porcupine Gorge)
Burke and Wills Roadhouse (via Kronosaurus Korner in Richmond)
Burketown (went fishing but didn'[t catch anything, bugger)
Adels Grove (4 nights and visited Riversleigh and Lawn Hill of course)
Mt Isa (2 nights, went into the mine at the Outback Centre)
Longreach (Visited the Quantas Museum since we have been to the Stockmans Hall of Fame before)
Charleville (Visited the Cosmos Centre)
Home to Brisbane at about 10pm)

Had a great time, saw so many things that it's hard to pick a best but Lawn Hill Gorge has to be up there with the best. I bought a new digital camera before we went (Canon EOS 350D) and took so many photos I haven't even counted them all yet. Got some great photos but I don't really have any way to post them other than the 6 that can go in the rig photos.

We set up the car with _Affordable_Storage_Drawers.aspx, ARB roof rack, awning and took one centre pole southern cross and a 3 man microfast from Oztent as we have 16 and 14 yo daughters and it all worked fairly well though we are not sure if we will go away from the camper trailer completely.

If I can work out where or how to put up some pictures I will post a full story.

Washed the car today and added a fair bit of topsoil to the garden but I still have to get to the inside. Then back to work on Tuesday, Bugger :).

Tim.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Poppy (QLD) - Saturday, Jul 09, 2005 at 19:57

Saturday, Jul 09, 2005 at 19:57
Tim, Glad to hear you had a great trip, look forward to seeing some pics
Cheers Poppy
AnswerID: 119587

Reply By: Bob of KAOS - Sunday, Jul 10, 2005 at 05:58

Sunday, Jul 10, 2005 at 05:58
Pbase provides an online hosting service
AnswerID: 119629

Sponsored Links