100 series keyless entry

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 10, 2005 at 15:11
ThreadID: 24590 Views:2583 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Howdy. I recently bought a 100 series and it came with two Toyota single button 'beepers' for the doors.

Neither of them work.

I've replaced the battery in one and the light on the beeper flashes when I press the button, but nothing happens on the vehicle. I have read through the workshop manual extensively and can't find any reference to them in there.

I have checked all the spade type fuses under the bonnet and wiggled the relays etc but to no avail.

Any suggestions? Does anyone know where the receiver unit for this thing lives too?

Thanks in advance....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Bushtrackers - Sunday, Jul 10, 2005 at 15:25

Sunday, Jul 10, 2005 at 15:25
I think that you will find that you have to recalibrate the remotes with the vehicles immobiliser system. Most vehicles have a set proceedure to follow and you have to do it with both remotes while they are in the vehicle.

Any auto elec would know what to do,

Brian
Doing it tuff, Towing a Bushtracker.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 119643

Reply By: Trekkie - Sunday, Jul 10, 2005 at 20:18

Sunday, Jul 10, 2005 at 20:18
V8Diesel
It will depend on the type of remote that you have. My remote (Toyota) came with a separate book explaining how the remote works, and how to program it eg disconnecting the main battery and following certain procedure like turning ignition off and on 20 times.

Several months ago I had trouble with mine and even the Toyota dealer had trouble diagnosing the problem - eventually located a fuse (I think on left hand side passengers side on floor that had blown)

I would be happy to scan my book and email it to you if you wish
AnswerID: 119683

Reply By: Member - Steve (ACT) - Sunday, Jul 10, 2005 at 20:58

Sunday, Jul 10, 2005 at 20:58
We have a 90 series and had similar problem and noone had a solution other than book it in and we'll go over all the wiring. Estimated cost - "could find the problem quickly or could take hours" $$$$$

So we decided to try disconnecting the battery reconnected and has worked fine ever since.

Might work/might not, but a cheap solution if it works!

Steve
AnswerID: 119690

Reply By: Treading Lightly - Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 09:53

Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 09:53
Is the vehicle new? If so it would have come with a supplement in with the User Manual. In the supplement you will find all relevant info on "re-educating" the key.

If you have any dramas contact me an I can fax info.
JD
AnswerID: 119730

Sponsored Links