Baby seat for an 80 series.

Submitted: Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 17:28
ThreadID: 24619 Views:4938 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I need to put a baby seat in my recently purchased 80 series, which means I need to get a anchor fitting package mounted as well.
My main question is, do I need to look for anything specific in picking a baby seat. For example, do I need an extra long strap to reach from the back seat of the Cruiser to the anchor point, which is above the back window?
Cheers,
Scotty
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nudenut - Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 20:07

Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 20:07
connection point for baby harness capsule should be at Floor Level behind left rear seat.

AnswerID: 119841

Reply By: 120scruiser - Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 20:30

Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 20:30
My 80 was an 8/92 model. Three mounting points in the floor behind the second row of seats. I have an old series III car seat which utilises the old orange bolt. I needed a short extension strap 300mm. Once I put the cargo barrier in I had to put a longer one in as the entry through the barrier was higher than the seat.
I think the newer style seats with the hook type anchor have longer straps.
AnswerID: 119852

Reply By: jon p qld - Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 21:35

Monday, Jul 11, 2005 at 21:35
G'day scottywiper
I've a 97 80 series which has three anchor points on the roof. usually the vehicle comes with only one anchor point but three fitting positions. I currently have two child seats installed, so I had to buy another anchor bracket which screwed into one of the unoccupied anchor points with a correctly rated bolt. As for strap length, it depends on the seat, one of mine had a strap long enough to reach.The other one required an extension strap. I dont know which state you're in but the RACQ here in Qld. offers a very good child seat advisory and fitting service, I'd guess that all state motoring organisations would run a similar scheme. Hope this has been some help to you
regards Jon.
AnswerID: 119876

Reply By: Of Mice & Men - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 18:53

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2005 at 18:53
Hi scotty,
Just been through the same process. My anchor points in my 80 are above the rear door as well. As for picking baby seats, as long as it has an Australian standard approval it should do the job. And to install our baby capsule we needed to have an extension, the extensions are readily available at most large dept stores & they should also be covered by a Auzzie standard.

Regards, OM&M.
AnswerID: 120007

Follow Up By: scottywiper - Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 18:11

Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 18:11
Of Mice and Men,
How did you install the anchor point?
Got a baby seat, but stuffed if I know how I mount the anchor point.
All there is above the rear door, beneath the plastic plug, is a tiny little hole.
Cheers,
Scotty
FollowupID: 376597

Reply By: Of Mice & Men - Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 14:13

Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 14:13
Hi Scotty, On our car the plastic caps along the top of the rear doors were in there to hide, conceal or protect the threaded holes for the baby seat mounting points. Check to see if the holes you are referring to are threaded, if they are not, then they can not be used. If they are threaded holes, then the bolts that you get with the anchor point will fit.
Regards, OM&M.
AnswerID: 121598

Sponsored Links