Car Jacks - Which sould I buy a Air Bag or a Power Jack

Submitted: Saturday, May 26, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 247 Views:1974 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a 80 Series Cruiser, Iam now thinking of buying a good jack to carry with me, which should I buy, a Air Bag or a Power Jack?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: chris - Monday, May 28, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, May 28, 2001 at 00:00
Shane,
I have the same vehicle, though mine is the standard diesel. Do you mean a HIGH lift mechanical jack against an airbag jack?
If so, both have advantages/disadvantages. I ma taking a high lift, cause someone lent it to me and it can also be handy as a rescue item, even if its slow and hard to use. The airbag jacks are great too, especially in sand, and are much safer too. They are probably around the same price. ( $150). The airbag packs up to a small tent size bag too!
good luck
regards,
Chris
AnswerID: 549

Reply By: mark- Wednesday, Jun 06, 2001 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jun 06, 2001 at 00:00
Hi Shane,
We use an air jack on our tours because they are so fast and easy.
Obviously there is a big chance of puncture with any air bag but we carry 2 x small sections (1 m x 1m square) of "plastic grass" carpet to use with the jack. One goes under to prevent sticks holing the bag and to stop the bag from slipping in mud etc
The other goes on top between the vehicle body to stop any chance of puncture.

Just use common sencse when operating and you'll have no problems.
Regards
Mark Callaghan
Coast & Country 4WD Adventure Tours
www.4wdadventuretours.com.au
AnswerID: 602

Reply By: Brian - Thursday, Jun 07, 2001 at 00:00

Thursday, Jun 07, 2001 at 00:00
I've used an Air Bag on numerous occassions and find them great. Certainly quick and easy, and would use one in preference to any normal car jack, let alone a High Lift Jack. Best thing since sliced bread.
AnswerID: 609

Sponsored Links