Talawana Track WA

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 19:30
ThreadID: 24727 Views:2989 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We are heading down the CSR in early August and planning on heading to Newman via the Talawana Track. Does anyone know the condition of the track and whether or not it is expected to be oponed by early August.?
Thanks in anticipation.
Stan
One life. Live it while you can.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 20:00

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 20:00
Appears that the track is still closed now upto Cotton Creek. I will adjust the mapping and road conditions system tomorrow to break the track into sections as we currently have it loaded as a single road. I will also find out the status of this road and update. I would expect it all to open up soon however the un-seasonal rain has made a mess everywhere and it would be impossible to know what will happen in the next few weeks. We will keep it updated on ExplorOz as and when the conditions change. See the Road Conditions reports and maps.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 120403

Reply By: Stanm - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 20:07

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 20:07
David
Thanks for this great service. We are also interested in the condition of the Walpet Road and Telfer Road through to Marble Bar from Well 33.
Thanks again.
Stan
One life. Live it while you can.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 120406

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 21:06

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 21:06
Part of this road is currently closed however again it shold open soon. We actually have one of our team also heading up this way in a few weeks so we will ensure we have the latest info available.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 375470

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 21:01

Thursday, Jul 14, 2005 at 21:01
Even when it does open I can tell you that it will be severely corrugated from where it meets the CSR to the Cotton Creek turn off.
AnswerID: 120415

Sponsored Links