2001 Nissan Patrol

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 16, 2005 at 09:00
ThreadID: 24766 Views:2924 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, i have just upgraded from my Pathfinder to a Patrol 3L Turbo Deisel and have a few questions that someone might be able to answer for me.

1. Is there anywhere in Perth that i can get after market Nissan patrol parts.

2. Is there any problem that i could encounter with the Patrol it has done just under 100,000 k's.

Just on another matter, i bought a Viscount Aerolite caravan (yep heard they where not that good) and would be interested if anyone knows how i can strenghten the chassis so that i can get more life out of it as i think that the van inside is perfect for me and my family.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: 120scruiser - Saturday, Jul 16, 2005 at 09:24

Saturday, Jul 16, 2005 at 09:24
You have got one in the suspect period.
The clutch, which has probably been done already will be a problem. When it goes replace it with a daiken solid state flywheel and clutch kit. No more dual mass flywheel problems.
5th gear can be a problem especially towing. There is an upgrade for it from Nissan but you will have to press them. Tell them its a known problem.
Engine. Known to go bang in the pistons (not all but most) and usually happens around the 115 000 km mark.
Don't mean to scare you but you need to be aware of these models.
Plenty in the archives about these.
Also you can have a read here about what we have experienced with them.
Best of luck
AnswerID: 120620

Follow Up By: jt - Saturday, Jul 16, 2005 at 11:36

Saturday, Jul 16, 2005 at 11:36
The first 3.0l in this model did seem to have the piston problem beacuse of lack of oil at hi revs. eg high way cruiseing, but nissan have done a mod that fixed this as yours is a later model it should be right.
They may have a problem with the gear box when towing in fifth, but nothing like a cruiser box.
apart from those little problems over all they are a good buy.
FollowupID: 375717

Reply By: Member - Trevor R (QLD) - Sunday, Jul 17, 2005 at 10:46

Sunday, Jul 17, 2005 at 10:46
Pathy,

This may be no use to you, I know in regards to your c/van, it can be strengthened by a mob called Phenoix they are at Caboolture QLD. As you are in Perth this may be no use at all but maybe they may have a contact in Perth doing similar work??
If you like, I could call them up local and ask for you and post reply on here next week. Must reply to this if you want me to call them.
In regards to the Patrol, I would search the archives here for the full run down on problems with this vehicle. Two biggies as mentioned before are the 5th gear whilst towing and the engines going bang prematurely. Yours may be different and I hope it is.

Regards Trevor.
AnswerID: 120751

Reply By: Pathfinder 97 - Sunday, Jul 17, 2005 at 22:47

Sunday, Jul 17, 2005 at 22:47
Thanks Trevor, we have decided to seel it as is and look for a more suitably constructed caravan but thanks again for the offer.

To all other that replied to my questions, a big thank you from me to you all.
I have looked at the infomation and now that i have the patrol i will just cros my fingers and hope i dont have to spend to much money if something goes wrong.

This was the first time that i have used the Exploroz forum and i think that you are all a great bunch of gals and guys.
Thanks to all once again

AnswerID: 120858

Sponsored Links