Battery air compressors

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 09:23
ThreadID: 24857 Views:1938 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
My little cheapie air compressor that I use to inflate tyres etc has done what most cheap equipment does. Failed.
Does anyone here have a recommendation re a quality replacement that will last the distance. I use it mainly to top up car & bikes tyres etc occasionally.
My footpump (also a cheapie) also died so I am pumpless at the moment. I havent yet decided whether to go for a battery operated compressor or stick with a good foot/manual pump for reliability.
Any input experiences with these items gratefully received.
thanks in advance.

Note. Big motor bikes do not steer well with just 20psi in the front tyre!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Voxson (Adelaide) - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 09:26

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 09:26
I always use a Kmart 10 dollar foot pump for slight additions to my motorbike tyres before a blast through the hills... Easier to setup than a battery jobby...
Just my opinion..
AnswerID: 121074

Follow Up By: Johnny boy - Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 20:27

Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 20:27
Hi mate , I just bought a big red mk 4 seems to claim the same specks as the bush ranger max air , the only reason I went with a b/r is because they havnt changed much in the 18 or so yrs they have been around and you can still get a full rebuid kit for the 1st mod , so that sold me and to be honest I dont mind waiting a few xtra secons if thats what some one is going to say in a follow up ?? its just that I was told that the bush rangers change desighn often and they wont have kits for them ...hence the reason they say 5 yr warr then they become a throw away item!...well the choice is yours and the amount u use it and the things you use it 4 is the thing ...just add I bought the comp 1st then went to bunnings and bought an $8.00 tool box ,drove to jaycar bought a $5.00 25 amp breaker and a $7.95 30 amp led rocker switch, some cable, batt clamps went home and knew I had 7 mtrs of REAL comp hose and fittingsI think I have built a better set up so now I can inflat or use it as a duster(clean parts ..aircleaner) ...but then again I had a cheapie thats still going that I won at the local 12 yrs ago.....horses 4 courses :) LOL

regards JB.
FollowupID: 376631

Reply By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 10:00

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 10:00
Hi Pedro

The bushmaster max air seems to be the best i have used. We are able to fill our tyres then do at least one or two tyres of another vehicle.
AnswerID: 121077

Follow Up By: Photoman - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 10:56

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 10:56
If u mean the "Bushranger Max Air" I have one too, it is very good, however you can buy the exact same unit with the brand name "12volt gear" for less than half the price,

avaliable through auto pro or similar stores, I paid 229 18months ago, but i've seen them for 189 recently
FollowupID: 376147

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 13:54

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 13:54
Photoman, they are not exactly the same inside, the chinese are just very good and making it look that way... You did the righ thing getting the genuine one.
FollowupID: 376167

Reply By: muzzimbidgie - Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 15:22

Tuesday, Jul 19, 2005 at 15:22
My mate bought the genuine one and being a smartarse I thought I would get the cheapie.

His pumps quicker and doesn't get as hot as my cheap $$it no-name jobbie.

HOWEVER......that is pumping 4 large 4WD tyres from 18 to 38.

IF you just want to pump bike tyres and normal car tyres then the cheapie will do the job easy, and shouldn't be any drama..... BUT REMEMBER...

WISE OLD INDIAN SAYING... GOOD THING NO CHEAP
CHEAP THING NO GOOD

Cheers,

Muzz
AnswerID: 121126

Sponsored Links