Water Leak 80 Series - Hose Routing Info Please

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 20, 2005 at 14:20
ThreadID: 24909 Views:1401 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,
Just before last weekend's trip l filled the washer bottle and was surprised to find that the water leaked out of the system. Not from the bottle or engine bay though. Leak was noticed dripping / running from the passenger side sill near the rear door. I can only assume that the rear washer hose is routed in the sill somewhere. There is no hose clipped to the external parts of the vehicle.

Has anybody had the vehicle stripped out to know where the rear washer hose is routed? That may save me a lot of hassle in ripping up carpets etc.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Wednesday, Jul 20, 2005 at 14:47

Wednesday, Jul 20, 2005 at 14:47
I had the same problem with the surf, although on the surf the hose runs on the drivers side not the passenger. It turned out that all the 5 million wires I run down the side of the car had popped the joiner out of the hose.

If you look at the plastic cover over the sill (the kick card thingo), you should be able to undo a few screws and pry it off. Then if you lift up the carpet (it will be free now) you should be able to see all the wires and the water hose, you'll probally find it's done the same thing and just popped out a joiner before it goes up toward the kickpanel and firewall. Should only take you 5 minutes to find.
AnswerID: 121310

Reply By: crewser - Wednesday, Jul 20, 2005 at 15:59

Wednesday, Jul 20, 2005 at 15:59
On the 80`s the hose runs along passenger side floor then up over rear wheelarch in to 1/4 panel. pull the scuff plates off (p/side)lift carpet and you will see the hose. you might want to pull rubber bungs out of floor to drain water.
AnswerID: 121317

Reply By: Geoff - Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 22:21

Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 22:21
I know in my father's standard 80 series the barn door on the back has a wiring loom from the car to the door. Inside of that wiring loom is a steel pipe in the shape of a Z, this pipe actually breaks after a while and the wtaer just pours out by it'self. Our fix was go to your local 4wd wrecker and get another one, it's been 18months now and no more leaks. hope this heaps.
AnswerID: 121531

Sponsored Links