Danggali/Bendleby Ranges Report

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 20, 2005 at 16:08
ThreadID: 24913 Views:1418 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
For those who might be interested Ive put a couple of photos and a short story regarding this weekend over on the trips/gatherings.
Dean
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Casnat - Wednesday, Jul 20, 2005 at 18:04

Wednesday, Jul 20, 2005 at 18:04
Hi Dean,

I had a look at your notes. Good to see your trip went well. It certainly looks like beautiful country. In hindsight we possibly should have headed that way too.

My lad and I ended up in Little Desert Nat Park for a couple of nights. Got a bit of rain on Sat morning but you have to take whatever is dished up. The sand wasn't much of an issue given it was wet but I rekon it would be pretty thick and soft in summer. A couple of mud holes to contend with but the biggest issue was how overgrown the tracks are, particularly The old Nhill Road (believe me this was no ROAD). There was one stretch about 200 metres long where we were literally scraping both sides of the vehicle in bushes as high as the vehicle for the whole distance. It was like driving through a tunnel, the only problem was the car was wider than the tunnel! To make things really interesting, the worst of the mud holes was in this tunnel giving you no option but to plough straight through the guts! The wife is not impressed with the new scratches on the Patrol (it's her vehicle during the week which I "borrow" on the odd occassion).

They have some interesting names for some of the tracks, one through the middle is called McDonald HIGHWAY (sarcasm at its best).

Perhaps it will work out better and we can hook up next trip.

Cheers
Trevor
AnswerID: 121335

Follow Up By: Dean (SA) - Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 13:00

Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 13:00
Gday Trevor,

Ive got too say when I hit Gawler and the sun was shining I thought about the Mallee and wondered if I should have stuck with the original plan.

As mentioned the tracks were mostly easy but enjoyable. There is another area on the station called the Hungry Ranges, I'm presuming these are the ones in the distance. These supposedly are alot harder tracks with some one way sections due to the steepness, next time I'll head that way.

Dean

FollowupID: 376550

Sponsored Links