Another track closed!!

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 18:56
ThreadID: 24941 Views:1888 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Well its not quite that dramatic but there is a steep hill near the top end of Hannan st called Nanny goat hill that has long been a close place yto test the 4by and get a good view of Kal. All the tracks to the top are now closed and have been replaced with a carpark at the bottom and a walk trail to the top with the rest of the hill being rehabed. so for challanging hills the closest to kal now are mt hunt and the hills close to Kanowna belle
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 19:33

Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 19:33
I went with the Eastern Goldfields 4x4 Club to a serious climb on the same hill as a tower somewhere to the east of Kal, I think. Was with Member Coops in his 80.

Sounds like that track was in danger of serious soil erosion. Anyway you probably need the exercise...lol
AnswerID: 121491

Follow Up By: Exploder - Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 19:51

Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 19:51
What this is an outrage. Is this the hill next to the KCGM Mine site or am I thinking of something else.

Arr yes Mount Hunt lots of tracks down that way and around the lake, good fun after a bit of rain if you enjoy washing the car for the next week.
FollowupID: 376620

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Widgiemooltha) - Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 20:48

Thursday, Jul 21, 2005 at 20:48
yes I think willem is tlking of Mt unt which is not far out of Kal it has tracks that go from 2wd to youve got to be kidding and others in between. The hill I am talking about is smaller and is next to the Mt Charlotte headframe. As for using the exercise, Cmon I have been walking 40 min to work to Wedding Guest island in the middle of lake zot every day!!!
FollowupID: 376639

Follow Up By: BenSpoon - Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 14:49

Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 14:49
Willem- The hill we did was Mt Hunt, on the opposite side to town (maybe 10km from Kal). Nanny Goat hill is a smaller one just past the end of the main drag. Not a bad spot to watch lightning storms roll across from as it overlooks the town.

"Lake Zot"- near widgiemooltha I suppose... Its good to hear there is no drug problem in the WA mining industry today.
Im going to go check out the trucks working there- I think it was one of those guys that sideswiped me.
FollowupID: 376772

Sponsored Links