Forrest to warburton

Submitted: Friday, Nov 29, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2495 Views:1349 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks
I was in WA mid year and met a guy at the Tjukayria Roadhouse who claimed to have travelled roughly due north from Forrest across the Anne Beadell then cut west into the Connie Sue just below the parallel road. We've done the main tracks in that region but this "cross country/ station track" option (if true) sounded excellent. Has anyone got any relevant info - positive or negative?
Thanks
GregC
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: stephen - Monday, Dec 02, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Dec 02, 2002 at 01:00
hi greg
i know this question is totally unrelated to yours, but have you travelled the highway between laverton and uluru, im looking at travelling it in april and was wondering what the road condition is like
regards
steve
AnswerID: 9231

Reply By: Member - Greg - Tuesday, Dec 03, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Dec 03, 2002 at 01:00
Parts of it Steve; from Laverton to the Roadhouse was excellent - flat m)and wide; from the Road house up to the turn to the Parallel Road (80 k it was crap - serious corrugations. Don't know from there on. Put a separate question in the forum there will be heaps of responses I'd expect. The people at the roadhouse are very helpful so why not give them a call - there's truckies stopping in all the time and they keep up to date on conditions. Good luck.
GregC
AnswerID: 9263

Reply By: Jozef - Saturday, Dec 07, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Dec 07, 2002 at 01:00
Hi Greg,
in response to your question about the track up from Forrest. I was the "guy" you were talking to at Tjukayirla. It was on Monday ,8th July, and there were 4 vehicles in our group, and you were there with your wife, and you asked about the bottom Parrallel Road,etc,etc.
I can help you with details re our trip, inc. waypoints. If you get in touch with the Exploreoz moderator/s, they should be able to give you my contact details, and we can take it from there. I am going away for about a week, so I will get back to you after that.
Looking forward to further contact.
Joe
AnswerID: 9392

Follow Up By: Member - Greg - Monday, Dec 09, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Dec 09, 2002 at 01:00
ain't this technology wonderful? I certainly remember your group - you were the only clean one? I cursed myself after leaving the roadhouse that I didn't get your contact details but here we are talking (almost). Thanks very much `for your offer Jozef. I'll contact Michelle.

After we left you - across the parallel rd (stop at the caves - thanks for the points) to Waterfall Gorge, down the connie sue, over to Laverton, across the Anne Beadell then home to Adelaide. Great trip but now we'd like to see different parts of the same country hence the use of the forum. Will be in touch.
GregC
FollowupID: 4816

Sponsored Links