News From Bathurst Bay Far Nth QLD

Submitted: Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 21:09
ThreadID: 24975 Views:2122 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day All,

I have just hung up the phone from my mate who is at present sitting on the back step of his camper having a beer looking out over Bathurst Bay. They arrived in Bathurst Bay today after a two day trek from Cooktown and his comments about the track in were that it has large deep sections of bulldust.

He did get bogged down in one section requiring a snatch backwards by the accompanying vehicle. They only covered 90 odd kms today as it was slow going. Anyway I thought an update on this may help others who are about the leave on a trip up the cape. I will keep in touch with my mate over the next few weeks and update here on the forum with the track info as he traverses his way to the tip.

Oh and by the way the wind has been blowing fairly hard around the area for the last few days and it has been raining on and off.

Regards,

Stuart M.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: locallaw - Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 21:31

Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 21:31
Gidday,Tell him not to camp under the big tree as you get to the beach.There was a croc attack there recently and a person was injured(lucky not to be killed)
Seeya Locallaw
AnswerID: 121681

Follow Up By: AT4WD ADVENTURES - Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 21:39

Friday, Jul 22, 2005 at 21:39
Locallaw,

Thanks for the info and he is aware of the attack and has setup accordingly.

Stuart.
FollowupID: 376841

Follow Up By: kiss'n'dirt - Saturday, Jul 23, 2005 at 07:55

Saturday, Jul 23, 2005 at 07:55
I've always wanted to go to the CAPE. But these crocs scare the crap out of me. As i only have a tent it means i'm croc bait on the ground. I'll like to tow a trailer but i'm crap at reversing one.

Just can't win.
FollowupID: 376881

Reply By: Michael D - Saturday, Jul 23, 2005 at 13:02

Saturday, Jul 23, 2005 at 13:02
Hi Stuart,

My partner & I are a week off heading up there ourselves, we were wondering which route your friend took in.

Last year we went up via Starke, but this time will probably just go in via Lakefield NP.

Great news about the wind..

Regards,

Mike.
AnswerID: 121741

Sponsored Links