RA Rodeo Suspension Upgrade Advice

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 27, 2005 at 00:06
ThreadID: 25086 Views:5932 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. Just returned from Northern Flinders in my 2005 RA Rodeo and found the suspension lacking. I had fitted Firestone ride rite airbags from my R9 prior to the trip and this helped keep the drawbar from dragging on the ground. Since returning I have fitted EFS shockers to the vehicle and this has dramatically improved ride and handling. What I need is advice on rear leaf springs and front torsion bars, I want to lift the vehicle if possible by about two inches.
Cheers Brad!MPG:4!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter D M - Wednesday, Jul 27, 2005 at 05:59

Wednesday, Jul 27, 2005 at 05:59
hi brad,
been down this track myself. i put tough dog leaf in rear 45mm lift from "4wd1.biz". the torsion bars are heavy duty and dont need changing.
for some reason all the other spring makers dont make a lifted one. front similar to r9 in you just crank it up, this is all you can do as the ra has rack and pinion steering. with longer A arms i was able to get 35 mm with plenty of travel left, havnt needed any more so havent tried a bit more crank. i run 265/75/16 on standard 7inch rims. this fills the arches nicely and gives me another 15mm. i added pol air and this also added good support.
are yoir air bags local or imported as the oz part number is different to the usa?if imported would like to know the part number.

regards peter
AnswerID: 122234

Reply By: Member - Brad G (SA) - Wednesday, Jul 27, 2005 at 14:30

Wednesday, Jul 27, 2005 at 14:30
Thanks for the advice Peter I'll look into it, have started chasing TJM XGS suspension and it seems that they will give a 50mm boost on the rear. As for the airbags I've had them about four years and couldn't tell you the part number, bought through local tyre dealer.
Cheers Brad
AnswerID: 122291

Sponsored Links