shockers

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 10:04
ThreadID: 25129 Views:5573 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone know of / used MaxTrac shock absorbers ? not interested in who has what else ,just MaxTrac ,good or bad 1st hand not mate of a mates 18th cousin twice removed.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bundyman - Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 11:25

Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 11:25
If there the ones that have a double page ad in the 4x4 Monthly then they are simply the same as the old "Cross Country" brand. Even have nearly the same logo - just different name in its place. Not sure what brought around the name change. It may just be another type/class of suspension from the same company - like the Dakar ones now being sold by OME. Anyway I had a full set of cross country suspensions on my old 75 series and had no problems with it......up until some low life stole it.

Cheers,
Hughesy
AnswerID: 122513

Reply By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 13:31

Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 13:31
Hi Alloy

Maxi trac or Max trac?
Ran maxi trac across the simpson and strzelic deserts, no dramas. They are pretty much an Ironman Shock with different bushes
AnswerID: 122538

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 17:51

Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 17:51
Orange poly bushes instead of rubber , 40/41 bore .
FollowupID: 377752

Follow Up By: Member - Crazie (VIC) - Friday, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:26

Friday, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:26
Yep Orange poly, I had 35mm bore gas shocks on
FollowupID: 377838

Reply By: MAVERICK(WA) - Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 19:14

Thursday, Jul 28, 2005 at 19:14
have had a set of coils and shocks fitted on behalf of repco to my 1989 lwb maverick. after getting a few things sorted out and another set of coils for the front here goes - they replaced a set of 3yr old old man emu shocks and 6mth old tjm coils. the ride is comparable to what was in there (maybe just a bit softer but.....) and articulation seems to be as good. I have not yet a chance to do my usual run across many many hours of corrugations so the shocks ability to remain working under those conditions is untested. but...........and this is the good bit.....I had to pay the gst and that was all so am I happy..........yes........would I recommend them.......if they are priced ok then they seem to be a good buy.......I don't know what the retail is but if you can get a good price then they seem to be a reasonable alternative to what else is around. rgds
Slow down and relax......

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 122600

Reply By: fourstall2000 - Friday, Jul 29, 2005 at 08:50

Friday, Jul 29, 2005 at 08:50
Most of these shocks are made either in Brazil or Mexico.
There is a whole host of different brands that originate from these huge factories,all are renamed by different sellers to sell as there own.
The warranty is the important thing.
Some resellers have their own preferred specifications and it is possible these are from the same source, but slightly different in design features to others.
I am not sure of this but I believe Iron man were originally sourced from India (probably why they had so many problems earlier).
As the Maxi track are backed by a large reputable company and guaranteed,and if the price is competitive you really have nothing to loose.
Regards
AnswerID: 122669

Sponsored Links