Crystal ball sees all

Submitted: Friday, Jul 29, 2005 at 20:34
ThreadID: 25169 Views:1424 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I know it's Friday night , but even without ink a hol I've had a revelation. (Yup, I'm slow). For most of us, big 4wds are on the way out. Petrol, pollution and politicians. Basically they appear to be becoming so popular that the &^&^ in Parliament will tax em out of existance, like anything else I enjoy. They will become like fuel subsidies, not availiable to the average person.

So, having finally caught up with the horrors of modern /future 4wding, which "pretend" 4wds are your favourites and why ? Is there anything...anything at all that comes close to a "real" (read Nissan or Landcruiser) in terms of serious 4wding ? (Oh boy...now I'm in for it :)

There's a whole new generation of vehicles out there that I know absolutely nothing about. Surely they don't all rust or fold up on corregations ? I mean a certain gentleman from this forums better half has an X Trail ..they can't be all that bad...can they?
Will anything carry enough gear for the Simpson, Cape etc for a couple of people ?

Or am I in la la land ? Help me out here Gals and guys, I don't want to start a "mine is bigger/better than yours" but would appreciate your informed comments.
Cheers

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Jul 29, 2005 at 21:28

Friday, Jul 29, 2005 at 21:28
Jim

You and I will be loing gone before they get rid of our beloved behemoths. Just keep what you have and it may become a classic.

And on that cheery note.............Goodnight :o)
AnswerID: 122789

Reply By: Footloose - Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 10:05

Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 10:05
My son turned up this morning in a rented......wait for it.......Xtrail. When asked how it drove he looked kind of puzzled and said "the dash is in the middle". He tells me they drive well on the tar :))
AnswerID: 122843

Follow Up By: Willem - Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 18:22

Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 18:22
My missus' Xtrail is a nice little car. Nippy on the blacktop and very surefooted on country gravel roads. Yes the dash is in the middle but one soon gets used to it. Ours has cruise control and is very economical. Has now done 40,000km.

These softroaders are just what they are meant to be and we use our for that purpose. I have seen them out at Big Red but don't know if running across the Simspn will be the right thing to do to it lol
FollowupID: 378048

Follow Up By: Footloose - Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 19:45

Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 19:45
I guess the softroaders can go anywhere, as long as the track has just been graded . Dunno what I'm worried about, I'll probably end up with an old series 3 LR, pottering around my block and saying "I can remember when ...." :))
FollowupID: 378055

Sponsored Links