Explorer fridge/freezer

Submitted: Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 11:45
ThreadID: 25182 Views:3019 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all,

We have a 45 litre fridge freezer that we need to convert temporarily into just a fridge.Even on the lowest setting (two thermostats 1x fridge 1x freezer 1 bd35 compressor) on the freezer side,it still freezes my cans (no good)......The freezer internal construction consists of all aluminium sides,as the fridge is mostly fibreglass with 2 aluminium plates.Have tried installing 1/4 inch foam to internal floor of freezer,but still no good.
Have created open circuit to freezer thermostat control,but fridge thermostat takes over & still freezes in freezer comp........ What do you think I can do????
Any sugestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thankyou in advanse
Todd.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: porl - Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 12:56

Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 12:56
i got that model, great hey. No real answer except the stuff at the top is always less freezing than the bottom so I'd suggest just Keeping frozen stuff at the bottom (even a cardboard box) and be happy with using half the top space for your cans. Just a suggestion this, no testing done.
AnswerID: 122860

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 15:43

Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 15:43
Wow,

This is the first time I have read that a portable fridge is working too good:-)
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 122876

Reply By: Unbreakable - Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 15:50

Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 15:50
Thanks Porl

Yes it is a great fridge,can't beat the ruggerdness of it,no fancy spring base needed,no thermal bag.Just sits in the back of the tray keeping cool (sometimes too cool)No power consumption probs.Wouldnt like to buy one brand new,quite expensive,We brought 2nd hand with 1 yr warranty still on it for $800.

Might have to seek fridgie tec,see what he can do
Cheers.
Leave your e-mail add if you like & will let you know how we get on........
AnswerID: 122879

Follow Up By: Nudenut - Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 20:32

Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 20:32
is it a electronic thermostat? (thermistor)

if a preset thermistor type it may need recalibration...(if possible)

if not thermistor type get a fridgie to fit new

either way lots of scenarios but!... and what you want?

incidnetly are you loading the fridge up or just running as beer fridge with only 1/2 dozen cans in it......if so no load can cause freeze ups of very little produce....

a fridge requires an "off" cycle time and uses the product as a storage bank to give this "off" time.

if you dont understand let me know
FollowupID: 378058

Follow Up By: porlsprado - Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 20:52

Saturday, Jul 30, 2005 at 20:52
porl4101@optusnet.com.au

cheers
FollowupID: 378064

Sponsored Links