Dumb shower tent question

Submitted: Saturday, Dec 07, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2543 Views:1877 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
OK. I bought one of those 'springy' shower tents. I undid the bag a 'presto', a shower tent. I left it up for a few days and it rained. Unfortunately I left the instructions in it and they are no longer in a 'readable' condition. Problem is I can't work out how the damn thing folds back up into that small bag. I was hoping that someone can explain it to me or better yet email me the instructions. Thanx. I once read somewhere that there are no stupid questions, just stupid people!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lyds - Saturday, Dec 07, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Dec 07, 2002 at 01:00
I haven't used mine yet, but the instructions are still readable :-)

1. push any corner to opposite, 4 panels now become 2.
2. fold 2 double panels to become 1 flat structure.
3. hold each side near top. bend downward in half until top touches inside rim of base portion.
-- easy so far --
4. pull sides together in crossed arms position, bringing left hand over right to tuck one coiled section inside the other.
5. as above
6. lay flat, squeeze out air
7. stuff into bag

Good luck!
AnswerID: 9388

Follow Up By: Jean83 - Sunday, Dec 08, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Dec 08, 2002 at 01:00
do this about 10-15 times in a row...you may get the hang of it by then...once you do it will be easy....believe me...cheers
FollowupID: 4783

Reply By: Old Soldier - Saturday, Dec 07, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Dec 07, 2002 at 01:00
G'day rodeo owner,

Yeah, the only silly question is the one you don't ask.

If your shower tent is a "Wild country" brand I can scan the instructions and email them to you.

Otherwise, I agree with the comments already made with the one addition.

I was told by the camping shop that sold me mine to be very careful when folding not to force the nylon/fibreglass "Battens" when folding.

Do this and they can take on a permanent buckle and you have wasted the $80-100 the showertent cost you.

I don't have a problem as the flattened item slides nicely under the tarp on my off road camper trailer. Guess where it lives.

They are a great idea both as a shower cubicle and also in giving some privacy to the porta potti dunny for the cook.

regards

Dennis
AnswerID: 9390

Follow Up By: Rodeoowner - Sunday, Dec 08, 2002 at 01:00

G'day mate, yeh it's a Wid Country. If you could email me those instructions that would be great. cullengas@bigpond.com

Thanks.
FollowupID: 4781

Follow Up By: Old Soldier - Sunday, Dec 08, 2002 at 01:00

On it's way mate. I hope you have MS Word. If not, let me know and I will try another way.

I notice you use Overlander forum. If the worst comes to the worst I will paste it as 3 x JPEG pics on there

regards

Dennis
FollowupID: 4788

Sponsored Links