Been to Esperance???

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2565 Views:1679 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am currently planning a trip to Esperance at christmas. I would like any information on camping down there, i have to avoid the nat parks due to my dog coming with us. I was hoping to camp on the beach, i have rang CALM but they wern't much help on the camping idea.........
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OziExplorer - Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:00
If there are no signs to say no camping, and you are not on the town door step, I just camp. I have seen others moved on because they had empty stubbies etc. lying around. I never spread out to much, and keep things tidy.
I like Esperance and look forward to getting back there. Hopefully around March 03.
AnswerID: 9493

Reply By: Member - Stephen- Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:00
Markus,

I reckon you can camp with your dog at a place called Alexander Bay (approx 33 53'S and 122 45'E). It is at the bottom of Alexander Road which is approx 20km east of Condingup (nice pub in Condy) along Fisheries Rd.

I'm not sure about the situation at Munglinup (at the bottom of Daniels Rd - 12 km east of Condy), but I thought there was camping with dogs there.

I know you can stay with your dog at the Duke of Orleans Bay caravan park (directly south of Condy). Whartons and Little Wharton's beaches are amazing. The national park starts at the far end (western end) of Wharton's beach.

You could try calling O.R.E. in Esperance as well (they'd have the best info).

Cheers
Stephen.
AnswerID: 9504

Reply By: Rob - Thursday, Dec 12, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Dec 12, 2002 at 01:00
Esperance is a beautiful place. We stayed in the Pink Lake or pink something Caravan park. They allow dogs, we had ours with us.
We highly recomend Esperance.
AnswerID: 9623

Sponsored Links