side "wheel arch flares" for gu patrol...

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2568 Views:7615 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am thinking of buying a second hand GU patrol (4.2 turbo Diesel station wagon) at a very good price from a friends buisiness. Its been treated better than his cheese and kisses, but one small problem... Its a Dx narrow wheel version, and asthetics aside, with no side wheel arch flares (as fitted to ST models, ) I wont be able to put wider rubber on. I was wondering how easy (if possible) the factory wide wheel arch "kit" would go on if purchased from a wrecker. Nissan have been very helpful, suggesting I buy one of thier ST's of the showroom floor !!! Does the whole rear plastic bumper need to be replaced ?? any panel hole drilling required ?? - I know with my GQ its just a matter of nuts and bolts and flares and mudguards, and bingo, instant wide wheel pack!!!

Thanks in advance

Jarrod.
P.S., any other comments on 4.2 T/D Gu happily accepted...
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Raymond Charlton - Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:00
Hi Jarrod
The 4.2TD GU is a great vehicle.
Check with ARB TJM or Opposite Lock, they all have flares for a variety of vehicles. I think you will fing that the Nissan ones will cost you an arm and a leg
Ray
AnswerID: 9530

Reply By: Truckster - Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:00
Ray as usual is correct. Genuine Nissan will prices will make it cheaper to buy an ST!

You can get Flexy Flairs, or put a wanted ad in local Nissan club magazine. Someone may have taken theirs off for wider ones.

AnswerID: 9538

Follow Up By: Tony - Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00
Truckster, is the wide wheel pack still available for the DX.

I thought you could get an upgrade pack which gave you a few add on's; flares, electric mirrors etc.
FollowupID: 4987

Reply By: Will - Wednesday, Dec 11, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Dec 11, 2002 at 01:00
Jarrod,
I don't know how much (if you can get them) the flares will be from the wreckers...
As truckster said, if you plan to buy them from Nissan you are better off with a new car.
The prices are exorbitant, they are in the vecinity of $350 plus for the small ones (rear doors) and around $600 for the guard ones EA....!
Then there are all the clips which are not the common plastic ones so you have to end up buying the genuine ones.
They are mounted with clips on the guards so you have to drill...
The bumpers (front and rear are different) they are wider...
As others suggested, you are probably better off checking the TJM site and getting the flares fitted from them, they look pretty good anyway...
Good Luck
AnswerID: 9568

Reply By: ray91 - Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:00
Jarrod I have a DX patrol GU with Bushranger flexi flares, 35mm fitted and use 32x11.5x15 tyres without the tyres sticking out.They are easy to fit yourself and look good .Ray
AnswerID: 9660

Sponsored Links