nissan terrano

Submitted: Saturday, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2597 Views:2065 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
have a terrano 91 diesel great 4wd but electrics all in japanese and dont even know what fuse is what auto sparkys no help either does any one know where i may be able to get workshop manual even on these vechiles. many thanks. mal
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric - Saturday, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:00
Mal.
You can sort out the fuses by removing them one at a time and noteing what stops working. The Terrano is not a true nissan it is a rebadged chinese machine, the writing is probably not japanese, I have come across these vehicles in the bush broken down and been unable to get them going, if I was you I would sell it while it still starts.I dont say this because I have a one eyed view of what to drive but as some one who believes reliability is vital of road. Eric.
AnswerID: 9687

Reply By: mik*2 - Saturday, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:00

mal,

The Terrano IS a true Nissan, it is a Pathfinder that is rebadged for the JAPANESE market. I have one as well and I too think it is a good 4WD.
Comments like those above are from people who are misinformed. Because there is so many of these cars around, Nissan dealers are stocking most parts for these cars. The only parts you won't get are some interior parts and body parts which Nissan dealers WILL order in for you anyway. The part numbers match those of the Australian Pathfinder. As for manuals, if you don't want to pay through the nose for one at Nissan, go to www.motorbooks.com.au and
get the Terrano manual. You will also need to get the diesel engine supplement. Also try importdriver.com.au these people also sell manuals for these cars and in fact all the imports. Better still, go to your public library any get the info you need for free. This is what I did.
People who only hear second infomation from aquaintences tend to pass on infomation which is ill-informed. They need to experience the cars themselves for a true indication of what they are like. The "imports" normally have twice the amount of features that the cars available in Australia have for a fraction of the cost. That is why they are so popular.
Hope this helps
Mike
AnswerID: 9688

Follow Up By: Mik*2 - Saturday, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:00

and by the way, the writing IS japanese. I've done the Gibb River and the Canning Stock route in my car. Reliable enough for you???????
FollowupID: 5028

Follow Up By: Mik*2 - Saturday, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:00

also try info@japanesevehicles.com and ask these people any questions......or www.japaesevehicles.com
FollowupID: 5029

Reply By: mal - Sunday, Dec 15, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Dec 15, 2002 at 01:00
many thanks mik*2 for you info i have also done the gibb river road in its a great drive and had no worries with vechile what so ever any way thanks again
AnswerID: 9693

Follow Up By: Jules - Tuesday, Dec 17, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Dec 17, 2002 at 01:00
I agree - have had a 92 Terrano import for 4 years - have done the Oodnadatta - out to Lake Eyre - Palm Valley - Ernest Giles Road, Fraser Island - all towing a dingo camper trailer -and heaps of other places - have not had any trouble getting an elec mechanic to fix or fit or maintain anything on the vehicle - have had no trouble getting parts - oil filters available at most truck parts places more reasonable than "speed shops" or 4wd shops - in my opinion anyway - love my Terrano - everything that opens and shuts - had to replace the radio tho - couldn't get local stations past 93.7 or something like that - purchased at 60,000 k's - have now done 155,000 k's and looking to do lots more - Darwin and surrounds next May - have not had any trouble with it - love my car!!
Couple of friends have purchased later model Pathfinders - only half as much stuff as my car has - and nowhere near as economical!
FollowupID: 5138

Sponsored Links