Sunset NP and Mungo

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 03, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 263 Views:1829 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I hope to travel from Loxton direction into Sunset NP then further north to Lake Mungo. Have a 2.8l Diesel Hilux and towing camper trailer weighing about 1 tonne. Am I likely to be able to travel through the tracks in the park with this?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Saturday, Jun 09, 2001 at 00:00

Saturday, Jun 09, 2001 at 00:00
Russ, haven't done Sunset NP but Mungo will be no problem. There's only one track and that is a loop road, so if conditions are wet then you could leave the trailer off for a few hours. We spent about half a day to do the loop and the previous evening to view sunset at the Wall of China. The entire track is flat and easy for a 2WD, although dirt. Lots of emus and roos. Go and have fun! It's a bizarre but brilliant place.
AnswerID: 617

Reply By: Bob Jones - Monday, Jun 18, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Jun 18, 2001 at 00:00
Hi Russ.
You should not have any trouble in the sunset country as there are no big sand hills to speak of. the only problem may be it if rains it can get very boggy in places. We tow a Cub flip over camper into the sunset quite a lot as it is our back yard. Very interesting place with all it's wildflowers and wildlife. Hope you have a good trip Regards Bob
AnswerID: 650

Follow Up By: Russ - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2001 at 00:00
Bob, thanks for your response. May be you have more info that will help me plan our trip through this area. If you dont mind sharing it with me, feel free to contact me on my email address - rvburr@picknowl.com.au. Hope to hear from you. Russ. (Above address will be from 29th June, until then, will still be using bruss@tpg.com.au)
FollowupID: 187

Sponsored Links