Standard wheel arch height, OME, and tyre size.

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 17, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2640 Views:1938 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
I'm looking at buying a hj 60, I've looked at a few and some that claim they have a lift kit look standard height. I'm currently looking at a early 84 Sahara. I think it has OME springs because you can see discs between the leafs and it lookes a bit higher than stock.
If some one could let me know what the standard tyre size and wheel arch height is, as well as if there are any other brand springs that have discs etc. between the leafs on the springs would be helpful.
Cheers,
Luke.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00
Luke, Standard springs on a HJ60 would be flat by this stage, and the ride would echo that feature. OME springs are flat where they go under the axle, though I think some genuine springs also had wear discs. Standard tyres were mainly 750R16, but did see a few with 205R16's. Sahara might have had the flasher 6" chrome wheels too. Wouldn't have a clue about wheel arch height, because we haven't had a '60 for over 6 years. Put Lovell springs on ours and it made a vast difference. A Sahara in good order mightn't be a bad buy, with a few extra features. Be a bit breathless without a turbo. regards...
AnswerID: 9874

Reply By: ptcrowe - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00
Luke i have an 89 model cruiser and when i put the OME shocks and springs under it I took these measurements
Passenger front 710mm
pasenger rear 695
driver front 715mm
driver rear 685mm measurments from bottom of rim to to guard.
after new suspension fitted gained aprox 45mm and it was considerably more level.

I dont know weather the springs that were on it when i got it were originals. but it may give you a starting point. As for tyres i wouldn't have a clue
Hope that helps in some small way
AnswerID: 9882

Sponsored Links