Free speech on the forum

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2647 Views:2525 Replies:16 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
Why can Truckster and oziexplorer put any C.R.A.P on this forum and my question about Land Rover owners and Hiclones is deleted from the system. Some of the tripe that comes out of their fingers is absolutely utter BU LLSH IT
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Moggs - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00
scotty - I don't have any opinion on your Truckster / oziexplorer comment, I tend to take note of all contibutors thoughts and if I don't agree I don't feel obliged to publicly slag them. You don't do yourself any favours by posting what you have. Anyway, the removal of your posts and what other people say and do are two totally different things. Maybe instead of venting your anger at contributors you might like to approach those responsible for the removal in a decent manner and you may get somewehere.
AnswerID: 9887

Follow Up By: Scotty - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

I actually are not angry. You misread me.
FollowupID: 5160

Follow Up By: Bernie - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

I agree with u Moggs
David and Michelle you run a great site, you also take a risk as in any business why should u not enjoy some tax benifits I sure do with my 4wd .
I enjoy Truckster/ Oziexplore comments they sure put a lot in both here & on other sites
Slagging other people is no good to any body & just waste our time
(If u cant say something nice about someone dont say anything at all)

have a happy day and a great Christmas to all.
FollowupID: 5177

Reply By: Member - Mal - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Scotty,
When you discuss this with the editors/owners of this forum why don't you become a member. Perhaps Truckster and oziexplorer could become members for christmas as well. The stuff you post must be good if it has to be edited out. I assume you drive a Landrover with a Hiclone fitted. Great choice. What model is it and what benifits are you getting from the Hiclone? Mal T.
AnswerID: 9890

I think that you are getting me confused with a bearded , cross country skier Land Drover owner type. I dont own a land rover or will I ever own a piece of antiquated junk that they are. I also would never fall for the Hiclone scam that is sucking in consumers in Australia.

This is just my point. When I post a tounge in cheek comment that is only "my opinion" about something and was just a bit of harmless fun anyway, it gets knocked off the forum by the "secret police" of cyberspace. I mean when you read the opinionated absolute rubbish that some of these visitors and members (on occasion) post and get left on line I reckon that the gestapo (owners of the site) have an unpredictable set of standards. Maybe I observed the comments as it got through when the site owners were away on one of their tax deductable photographic jaunts in the bush.

I understand that if I dont want to view the comments that I deem inappropriate, offensive or incorrect I have the power to turn off or not use this particular forum. The same goes for anyone who veiws my posts as inappropriate, offensive or incorrect. At least the owners of this forum should give the readers or veiwers their own choice on the matter and not censor the content of other people. It was on line for about an hour before it was removed.

There is no way that anyone can stop anything that can be put on the www so why bother censoring this one.

My dad uses this site for all sorts of info and he reckons that it is pretty good. I reckon that the owners are kidding themselves if they think that they are the moral crusaders that the think that they are. They are probably the members of some form of organised religion. Now don,t get me started on that one. I was once at a Catholic boys school and the truth about the brothers from my school would make the busted paedophile priests look like alter boys.

Happy off roading. Scotty
FollowupID: 5156

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

This has been the first post deleted from the system since the introduction of validated users only using the forum. This makes it some 6 months you all know I do not do this without cause. Scotty posted a question basically asking all Landrover owners to stick Hiclone units up their arse. If you want this in this forum then I apoligise for deleting it but then again if you want this here then go somewhere else.

David
FollowupID: 5172

Reply By: TonyY - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Scotty, I feel for you mate, you have obviously suffered greatly at some time in your life (school?) and feel the need to vent your anger publicly, but you aren't doing yourself any favours with comments like this.
AnswerID: 9892

Tell someone who cares! Or better still a Land Rover owner. Preferably a bearded religious one with a Hiclone.
FollowupID: 5157

And by the way I aint angry either.
FollowupID: 5161

You obviously care you sad pathetic little git or you wouldn't be posting such rubbish here.
AnswerID: 9894

diddems. Touchy touchy. Wait till Truckster reads this.
FollowupID: 5159

Reply By: Darian - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Please ..........people....... it seems that some (possibly new) contributors have missed something....this is the best forum going round - and it is because Dave and Michelle are very accommodating people.....and nearly all contributors are well mannered, considerate of others and don't seek to antagonise other users....this is not the front bar of some feral pub. If you don't like the style here, please scoot of to a less popular forum somewhere :-)dp
AnswerID: 9895

Must be a full moon coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FollowupID: 5162

Reply By: Lilly - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

scotty i like the reply by the oziexplorer as he have good knowledge. i think the oziexplorer is big time educated. i read forum for long time and ozi guy good come to help i take good idea knowledge from the ozi reply
AnswerID: 9896

Lilly. what can I say..... I love you long time. I plait your hair. You make plenty sence ta mei. You want vinager on your potato cakes?
FollowupID: 5158

Reply By: bruce.h - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Scotty
if you cant say someting constructive better to say nothing at all,as it is better to say nothing & be taken for a fool than to open ones mouth & confirm that you are a fool
AnswerID: 9900

Reply By: Hedonist - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Scotty,

When I first read your post I had a certain amount of sympathy for your point of view, but personal abuse towards people who respond is not going to buy you any votes mate.

Are you trying to get banned from here to prove a point or something?
AnswerID: 9902

Reply By: Axel - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

A happy soul at xmas time ,??? or is it school holidays.. compliments of the season to 1 and all, christian ,jew ,muslim ,buddist , athiest ,,,, et all ,Oziexplorer and his beloved included.
AnswerID: 9906

Reply By: Old Soldier - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Hey Scotty,

What are you on???

You could make a fortune if you bottled it and sold it at flea markets.

:) :) :) :) :)

DennisN
AnswerID: 9909

Hey People,

I apologise for my comments, I should know better than to get baited like that #8-).

Hope EVERYONE has a peaceful festive season, there certainly hasn't been enough of that going around!
AnswerID: 9916

Reply By: Member - Trevor - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Scotty – far as I can see if David and Michelle own the site they can do as they like with it! They are in no way different to the owners/editors of a newspaper. Personally I like what they do. If they are off doing legitimate research and it is tax deductible good luck to them. The more research they do the better the site. They are trying to run a business and make a living and I would guess any tax breaks they get would add up to bxxxxr all. Let’s stick to reasoned debate. If some one can tell me how the Hiclone works and is effective I would be interested. Trev
AnswerID: 9918

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Scotty,

It is very very clear to myself that deleting your previous posting was correct and it is a pity I did not get onto this one earlier (as it would have meet with the same fate. One more slag against us or anyone else and I will disable your account. I have NEVER NERVER had to do this before but trust me we run a decent and clean site here and your comments in the current form are un-welcome.

We own this site and have spent a huge amount of money putting this information together for you - Don't like the way we operate the go away we do not need your crap and slags on our system.

David

PS: It is all in the way you post and reply as to how you are treated here and writting a story about sticking Hiclones in your arse are not part of our agenda.
AnswerID: 9922

Follow Up By: Member - Cruiser1 - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

David,
Might care to look at the stuff he's initiated on yet another Landrover post...
FollowupID: 5173

Reply By: Member - Gary - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

David,

I would not bother warning him. Just kick him off. As far as I am concerned you and Michelle are running an excellent site and are to be congratulated for your efforts. You certainly don't deserve the comments that this thread has thrown up. Keep up the good work

Gary
AnswerID: 9926

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Thanks Gary,

I must admit I thought we were over this rubbish on the system. It is a pity that we have to monitor this stuff, mind you we do not have much time to do this however, it was just by chance that I saw the posts today. I have posted another question asking about what I should do as the forum system has been written for you all to use and I do not want to be the bad moderator, so I want to give everyone that uses the system the chance to let me know what to do about this rubbish.

Thanks David
FollowupID: 5174

Reply By: royce - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

I challenge you or any other visitors and users of this site to compare ANYWHERE on the net. It is excellent! I have had the odd 'knock' from time to to time, but take it all in good humour. That's how its done mate. Stay and enjoy. I think that you match the thoughts of many, but don't be abusive. Keep up the good work David. Royce
AnswerID: 9930

Reply By: rickwagupatrol - Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:00

Having not logged in here for a couple of day's, i thought i'd take a quick peek before going to bed. Lo and behold, what should i find, but this thread.
david, do it the simple way mate, delete this entire thread and remove scotty from the site. You and michelle do a fantastic job here, letting us enjoy the information, and the replies to the questions. This is not the place for personal vendeta's or people degrading each other. As far as i am concerned, this is a place to learn something new and enjoy this great country and its people though your travels.
You guy's "outa be congratulated " for a job well done, and if you've got to be the "bad moderator" once in awhile, then go ahead and do it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, STAY SAFE AND ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY WHEVER YOU ARE.

rick
AnswerID: 9935

Sponsored Links