DIESEL FUEL QUALITY

Submitted: Thursday, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2663 Views:1645 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
IN MAY 2003 A GROUP OF US WILL BE TRAVELLING UP THE CAPE AND ACROSS THE GULF TO DARWIN.I HAVE HEARD REPORTS OF POOR DIESEL QUALITY IN QUEENSLAND CAUSING INJECTOR PUMP LEAKS IN CERTAIN MODELS.WE OWN A 1995 TOYOTA 4RUNNER2.8L DIESEL.IS THIS MODEL AFFECTED.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OziExplorer - Thursday, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Dec 19, 2002 at 01:00
Nick, that issue was caused by the introduction of low sulphur fuel by BP.
http://www.bp.com.au/products/fuels/bp_ecoultra/eco.asp

All fuel is supposed to be low sulphur 1st Jan 2003.Caltex has some sort of exemption to carry on selling high sulphur content polluting fuel. They are supposed to be adding some chemical mask or other to the fuel to disquise the sulphur. Consequently Caltex will remain being the low quality fuel we have become used to in Australia. I try and stick to Mobil, Safeway/Woolworths +Petrol, Shell or BP.
AnswerID: 9987

Reply By: Truckster - Friday, Dec 20, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Dec 20, 2002 at 01:00
There was a bunch of mates 2 groups off Patrol list that got REAL bad fuel up there..

They had to drain it hourly for a day, new filters the lot and dump the fuel, and it stuffed their holiday really... Also cost them lots of $ as htey had to buy a swag of new filters, and lost the fuel they had just paid thru the date for...

It happens, from what Roly says, Shell wouldnt do anything to help them, said not our problem, we have sold the fuel to the servo, its their problem...

AnswerID: 9997

Reply By: Salty - Friday, Dec 20, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Dec 20, 2002 at 01:00
I believe that there is some poor quality fuel being imported from Indonesia Australia wide and that is what seems to to be causing all the problems with various vehicles especially diesels. They say you can tell by the exhaust fumes smelling like burnt kero. Regards Salty.
AnswerID: 10024

Sponsored Links