Forum criticism.(only a little bit)

Submitted: Sunday, Dec 22, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2681 Views:1520 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
While only an occasionaly poster here and something of a lurker, I am on a number of 4wd and associated forums and the one thing which annoys me is the fact that when reply's are posted the original message doesn't come back to the top of the list.
I find I can't be bothered searching for a subject as it isn't right in front of your eyes when others have responded.
It's cerainly not a criticism of the group either singly or in total but just an observation, particularly when you see how other forums operate.
Regards Andrew.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster - Sunday, Dec 22, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Dec 22, 2002 at 01:00
I think this too, even if you reply to a week old post it goes to the bottom of todays postings.

If you select "SORT RESP" at the top of the forum list it sorts by date, thats the best you'll get.

take care you finished work for yr yet? Day trip sometime??
AnswerID: 10074

Follow Up By: Awill4x4 - Sunday, Dec 22, 2002 at 01:00

That's an improvement, thanks Truckster.
No, I haven't finished work yet, tomorrow I will ( YIPEE!!!!!)
We're off to Inverloch for a week on Boxing day then I'll be back at work after that. My daughter Karen is not impressed about that as she's hanging out to see the new Lord of the rings movie which opens that day, so she'll have to wait till we get back.
A day trip sounds fine to me when we get back. I'll be in touch when we return. Give my best wishes to your wife and son and I hope you have a great Xmas.
Regards Andrew.
FollowupID: 5286

Follow Up By: Truckster - Sunday, Dec 22, 2002 at 01:00

Yea thanks for your help this yr too.
All the best to your family. and yea day trip is on

For those that dont know AWILL4X4 is a GURU TIG welder... makes sprint car chassis, amongst other things..

He can help me with my elongated Body mount holes.... :D What ya say AW??
FollowupID: 5289

Reply By: Truckster - Sunday, Dec 22, 2002 at 01:00

Yea thanks for your help this yr too.
All the best to your family. and yea day trip is on

For those that dont know AWILL4X4 is a GURU TIG welder... makes sprint car chassis, amongst other things..

He can help me with my elongated Body mount holes.... :D What ya say AW??
AnswerID: 10086

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Sunday, Dec 22, 2002 at 01:00

I agree with you but we have around 75 replies posted to questions every day so it would not be long before the current post was one page 2, 3 or even 4. If you think I can make it better then let me know.

David
AnswerID: 10089

Sponsored Links