landcruiser hj47 diagrams

Submitted: Monday, Dec 23, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2693 Views:6501 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has seen useful engine bay and underbody diagrams online for landcruiser hj47's. I have a copy of the Max Ellery's factory workshop manual which covers diesel models from the 40 up to 70 series but my problem with the manual is that it assumes more technical knowledge than I have. If I had a few diagrams listing part names etc then details in the manual would be a lot easier for me to work with.

cheers,
praccus
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Monday, Dec 23, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Dec 23, 2002 at 01:00
Praccus, Brevity is the soul of wit, when it comes to workshop manuals, it even happens with Caterpillar manuals."They" must assume we have all the knowledge. What parts do you need identified?

We've got a genuine Toyota chassis manual here, but not sure if it gives a lot of detail, would have to check. Have a good Christmas..
AnswerID: 10125

Reply By: Bob Y. - Monday, Dec 23, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Dec 23, 2002 at 01:00
Praccus, Brevity is the soul of wit, when it comes to workshop manuals, it even happens with Caterpillar manuals."They" must assume we have all the knowledge. What parts do you need identified?

We've got a genuine Toyota chassis manual here, but not sure if it gives a lot of detail, would have to check. Have a good Christmas..
AnswerID: 10126

Reply By: praccus - Friday, Dec 27, 2002 at 01:00

Friday, Dec 27, 2002 at 01:00
Thanks Bob, it's more fo a 'getting to know all the sevret bits of the vehicle' to me, nothing specific. Anyway I found both a Haynes and Gregory's manual, so now can compare the three and the Haynes seems the best, especially when it comes to general maintenance, inspecting and adjusting various things, the Gregory's seem to concentrate on removal, overhaul and installation.
AnswerID: 10203

Reply By: royce - Saturday, Dec 28, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Dec 28, 2002 at 01:00
Whenever i have been brave enough to tackle a problem on the old HJ47 or other cruisers. I have had a good look at the bit.... even taken a digi photo and gone into Toyota in Traralgon. They have swung the computer screen around and we have gone through the exploded views of the parts. Naturally I've got prices and maybe bought bits at that time... but the point is.... I have always walked away with a much better picture of how the slave cylinder or whatever fits and mounts and how to go about it. I wonder if it's possible to get stuff for the computer to match this.... if not it must be on its way soon. Cheers Royce
AnswerID: 10236

Sponsored Links