radiator cooling tip

Submitted: Monday, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2734 Views:1374 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Here's a little tip Ive just heard about ,if your towing or working the engine hard and the water temp goes up disconnect the wind screen washer line from the jets and tie to grill ,a five second squirt into the radiator and watch the temp drop .The steam disperses the heat and cools at the same time .Told to me by a tech after his fan threw a couple of blades on his gxl. Worth remembering I think especially those towing heavy boats etc. in traffic jams around major cities .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fred - Monday, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:00
Another solution too Johnsy I've found .... after years of overheating problems in extreme conditions with various 4wds, I now have no problems - I changed to Toyota - Cruiser, Prado, Celica and Echo in family and they NEVER overheat!
AnswerID: 10322

Follow Up By: Oziexplorer - Tuesday, Dec 31, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Dec 31, 2002 at 01:00
What a load of bull manure. Toyota are just overpriced vehicles with the most disgusting parts and service prices on this planet. The *most* expensive problamatical vehicles we have ever owned have been Toyota. Best so far have been Nissan and Isuzu. Presently running a fleet of Mitsubishi. So far no issues whatsoever, but to early to tell for the long run.
FollowupID: 5424

Reply By: chrisfrd - Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 01:00

Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 01:00
Yep.. It's a bloody good idea, but I'd be putting in a second tank with a high-pressure pump and some injectors al-la Hardy-pope (bunnings for about 2 bucks for a packet of 5!)

The tempurature drop is amazing, we used to do this on our Datsun 200B rally car and many times it saved us from a long and expensive walk home!
AnswerID: 10715

Sponsored Links