DRIVING LIGHTS

Submitted: Monday, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2739 Views:1656 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT ON INSTALLING A SET OF DRIVING LIGHTS PLEASE,
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Cruiser1 - Monday, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:00
It would help if you told people what kind of help you need!

Information?
Type of lights?
How to do it?
Someone to do it for you?
AnswerID: 10318

Reply By: Bob Y. - Monday, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:00

Monday, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:00
Wal, What do you need to know? About the most difficult thing, or fiddly, is finding a source for high beam cutout, otherwise there should be some directions if you've bought a kit. For best performance, use 6mm cable from battery to relay via a 30 amp circuit breaker, and from relay to each light. Earth cable from lights can be 6mm as well. The cable from high beam source, to override switch in cab, and back to relay need only be 2-3mm, as it merely switches the relay on & off, as you hit the high/low beam switch.

If you need further help, give us a yell, there's plenty of wisdom fed into these pages.

Use good quality relays, such as hella or new era etc, and it can help if you also solder the cable onto crimp terminals. Makes a more positive(no pun intended) connection. If the d/lights tend to vibrate over rough, corrugated roads, you need to fit a stay to top of light and then onto b/bar or something solid. There was apost on this some weeks back, you might like to chase up.

Good luck, Wal, might hear from you later..
AnswerID: 10320

Follow Up By: Wal - Tuesday, Dec 31, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Dec 31, 2002 at 01:00
THANKS BOB I SHOULD HAVE SUPPLIED A BIT MORE INFORMATION, I PURCHASED A CHEAP SET OF LIGHTS AT SUPERCHEAP AUTO, THESE HAVE AN EARTH ATTACHED TO THE MOUNTING BOLT. I WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL MYSELF AND THANKS FOR YOUR INFORMATION.
FollowupID: 5414

Reply By: Goodsy - Tuesday, Dec 31, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Dec 31, 2002 at 01:00
Have you got a mate that can give you a hand? One that has installed a set before. If not take your car to a auto elec should not cost any more than $60 to get a good job done.
AnswerID: 10334

Sponsored Links