Garmin Mapsource for e-map

Submitted: Monday, Dec 30, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2742 Views:1515 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I recently purchased Mapsourse for my e-map - a product I have been waitng for since I first purchased my e-map almost 18 months ago. I must say that so far I am impressed. Not only is the software easy to use, but it seems to include most roads and tracks that I anticipate using. Not only this, but it is great as a road directory around town. It is definitely more accurate than the base map that came with my GPS (on a memory card in my case). I had no hesitation erasing this map from my card and using the Mapsource maps instead. Have any others purchased this product. I would be interested in your thoughts.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:00

Thursday, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:00
I am waiting on GArmin to work out our market and send me a copy to look at. I have not seen it yet however I will get it one day and check it out.

How good is it in the outback areas around the Simpson and Canning Stock Route?

David
AnswerID: 10432

Follow Up By: Oziexplorer - Friday, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:00

Friday, Jan 03, 2003 at 01:00
You can check it out on the Garmin website:
http://www.garmin.com/cartography/
Top right hand corner 'Mapsournce Map Viewer' and select the one you want in the drop down box.

Personally, prefer to stick with OziExplorer and proper topo maps.
FollowupID: 5540

Follow Up By: Spy - Sunday, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:00

Sunday, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:00
David,

It appears that tracks such as the Canning Stock Route (This one definitely is on the maps) are included on the maps. Given that most of my time is spent navigating around the place, the software really suits my needs. All of the treks that I have checked out from this site appear on the software, however I must qualify this statement by pointing out that I haven't anywhere nearlooked at them all! I would urge Oziexplorer to check out the software, they may find it useful. As for proper topo maps - I agree, these are always a necessity regardless of the gagetry involved.
FollowupID: 5601

Follow Up By: Oziexplorer - Sunday, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:00

Sunday, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:00
Spy my topo maps update automatically every second from the GPS and have far more functionality than any GPS presently on the market. I find a standard GPS far to limiting in things like recording tracks and the limit on the number of Waypoints. I can add all the information I like to the topo maps, and they have all the interesting geographical and historical information on them.
FollowupID: 5602

Sponsored Links