got a kayak? Paddled the Thomson.

Submitted: Monday, Jan 06, 2003 at 01:00
ThreadID: 2816 Views:2206 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Paddled the Thomson river on Saturday with the family. One of the best days of my life.... I've had a heap of best days mind you so IT WAS GOOD. The water was deep enough to get over the rocks and for the first time all of us [only 6 this time] went in canoes or kayaks. Usually we take tubes with bases and raft down.

This is turning into a bit of a regular thing. We've only done Coopers Creek to Brunton's Bridge. 2 days and more difficult the next leg... so that perhaps with a bit more experience later in the year.

Problem.... we are running short of kayaks etc for all to fit into. Last trip there were 14 of us! Anyone in Gippsland or even Melbourne with old kayaks [cheapos to fix up...]. I'm interested!!!!

I recommend the experience. Cheers Royce
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Monday, Jan 06, 2003 at 01:00

Monday, Jan 06, 2003 at 01:00
Sounds good Royce. We've spend a bit of time around the Murray, Collie and Blackwood Rivers here in WA and would love to get a canoe to take full advantage of them. Was up north in the Pilbara last year too, and a canoe or kayak on the Ashburton, Fortescue and Murchison (further south) Rivers would have been excellent. Our son is nearly 2 so with a good safety vest, I reckon we could consider doing some paddling soon. Just got to get a canoe/kayak.

:o) Melissa
AnswerID: 10662

Sponsored Links