New Forum Improvement

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 14:45
ThreadID: 2834 Views:1193 Replies:6 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Again,

We are charging through with site updates at the moment and I was feeling like updating the forum again this morning. So as you can now see the forum tracks and displays the submission time now as well as the dates. You will also see that we display the number of followups to each post on the index page.

I will be adding last logon time to the members system so that members will be able to see only updates since last logon time as well as date. I have not started this yet but it is the pipeline.

Keep the update requests coming and we will keep making this site the best. Newletter will be sent out today detailing this and other new stuff. Keep you eyes on your in box.

Regards
David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 15:44

Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 15:44
Hi David,

Updates look good so far. All the more user freindly. Looking forward to the last logon update for members.

Keep up the good work.

:o) Melissa
AnswerID: 10741

Follow Up By: Member - Mike - Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 19:39

Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 19:39
I do like the last log onn advice. Since using the forum that has been the only problem I have encountered - ie what haven't I read.
FollowupID: 5737

Reply By: Greg - Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 15:48

Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 15:48
David fuel consumption for treks looks good now you have engine capacity and comments but I could not view the comments. Also suggest that the averages are a little meaningless.
AnswerID: 10742

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 16:22

Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 16:22
Please explain why the averages are meaningless. They are based on the cyl capacity of the vehicle at this stage. I expect to adjust this when the data base gets filled to be based on the engine CC but if there is only one set of numbers to work with then it is pointless to average.

At least with the way it is now we can average across the cyl information - which is what is currently displayed in the trek notes themselves.

Comments - yes I am trying to figure out the best way to show them on the screen without destroying the table and making the data difficult to read. Some comments are a few words some a paragraphs of stuff. Trying to work this out is difficult.

David
FollowupID: 5722

Reply By: Member - Jim - Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 18:00

Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 18:00
David
The changes look good, it will be really good when the last logon time comes to fruition. Keep up the good work

Regards
Jim
AnswerID: 10748

Reply By: Cashy - Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 19:33

Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 19:33
David,

What would be good for the fuel usage would be to include the vehicle make and model. This would make comparrisons easier when there are more entries. Also maybe spliting the 6cyl petrols to include V6's seperate as they will have different usage rather then a larger straight 6cyl petrol.

Cashy
AnswerID: 10767

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 19:52

Tuesday, Jan 07, 2003 at 19:52
Cashy,

Yes it would be good any idea on where I can get a list of make/models that I can use. If the data is to be any good then it has to be a defined list of make models and not just a free text field as every man and his dog will enter the data differently. I must admit that I do not have the time to build, check and recheck the list. If someone knows where one is or is happy to help out then I would be overjoyed and put the thing on straight away.

Thanks for the feedback.

David
FollowupID: 5739

Reply By: Lyds - Wednesday, Jan 08, 2003 at 18:12

Wednesday, Jan 08, 2003 at 18:12
Another big idea...

For chasing up those favourite topics you could display the note id and then allow for searches by id#.

cheers,

Stuart

AnswerID: 10839

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Wednesday, Jan 08, 2003 at 18:37

Wednesday, Jan 08, 2003 at 18:37
Yes I agree and will turn on the display of the ID right now - Search will take me a little while as I am actually working on invoicing systems at the moment.

Good one - will be done soon.
David
FollowupID: 5819

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Monday, Jan 13, 2003 at 13:49

Monday, Jan 13, 2003 at 13:49
Lyds,

It is done - thanks for the feedback this one was not to hard to implement.

Enjoy - David
FollowupID: 6120

Reply By: Allyn - Wednesday, Jan 08, 2003 at 18:25

Wednesday, Jan 08, 2003 at 18:25
David
This might not be in line with what you want for the site and indeed other members may not be interested either, but I am always curious as to what their rigs actually look like.
Would you be interested in a Members Rigs section where we could get pics posted (by you) or is this superfluous to your/our needs.
It would at least offer members something more than those who can't bring themselves to part with the $20.
Keep up the good work
Allyn
AnswerID: 10844

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Wednesday, Jan 08, 2003 at 18:36

Wednesday, Jan 08, 2003 at 18:36
Good idea Allyn,

I will look into this one - It should not be to hard provided that image file format standards are observed. I will look at adding this feature for Member's only very soon.

Thanks for the positive input - it is always welcome.

David
FollowupID: 5818

Sponsored Links