Iveco 4X4 Turbo Daily

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 12:56
ThreadID: 2872 Views:11310 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am considering trading the 100 series on an ex Britz Australia hire Iveco 4X4 Turbo Daily Motor Home (camper). Has anyone had any experiences with these vehicles (good or bad). All reponces appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster - Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 17:34

Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 17:34
I thought about one of the troopies with the pop top like the old Kombi. But after looking how they had been neglected decided against it. I had also talked to some tourists that had hired one down at Kiama on NSW coast once, they had a few bad things to say about the car, but who knows...

To me Hire cars are thrash, dash, crash and hand back, be a little cautious!

Some of the places, and stories of where these Britz things have been seen are a little scarey, but then it could be crap.

EG. back page accident photos in 4wd mags!

What sort of $ are they pulling in Tas? or would you get it on the mainland?

Could it be worth hiring one for a few days to see what general condition their hire ones are in, and if you dont like it, then you have no problems. Do they sell easily, dont see many around thats all?

Get a prepurchase inspection done and see how you go.
AnswerID: 10921

Reply By: Andrew - Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 18:12

Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 18:12
I've known a few people to disconnect the speedo when they hire a car to avoid paying for large amounts of klms that they drive. This would worry me especially with a turbo diesel as the service intervals would be neglected due to the odometer not ticking over. I would never buy an ex hire car. I would compare them to ex taxis. Keep the 100. Andrew..
AnswerID: 10924

Reply By: P.G. (Tas) - Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 21:59

Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 21:59
Thanks for the reply's. This particular vehicle has 116,000K's on the clock with the asking price of $34,000. Condition would be described as average as to what you expect. Apparently Britz sold this vehicle to a private buyer about 2 years ago, so I was told by their fleet manager. I think it might be wise to give this one a miss. Cheers
AnswerID: 10954

Reply By: Eric - Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 22:26

Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 22:26
P.G.
Britz had 25 of these Ivecos they were sold via the melbourne office for $25k each. they were sold because Britz was disapionted with there reliability. The mian problem with them is the diff ratios there are 5.4 with a 1/1 5th gear this gives them a low top speed unless you over rev them.The timing belt breaks if you drive them flat out revs and this is exactly what happens in a hire car espesualy as they were based in Alice springs. They are a very good of road vehicle with a good diff lock and very low ratio transfer case. It depends on what you want it for if you dont want to drive on freeways then they are ok but dont pay more than $25k.
Eric.
AnswerID: 11038

Sponsored Links