jackroo workshop manual

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 20:05
ThreadID: 2878 Views:1566 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I have just got a 2001 3.0litre turbo diesel Jackaroo, after a lot of research I finally got one. Guess what it is already back at the Holden dealer after I found that it whined like a spoilt kid in fifth gear. Great just great, the wife is pulling faces and I am upset! anyway I still like it I must have a mental problem. Anyway where can I get a work shop manaul for the Jack, and rough price.
Thanx Steve Dubbo.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OziExplorer - Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 20:29

Thursday, Jan 09, 2003 at 20:29
XTZ as far as I know this is a common fault easily fixed. They have a kit or something for it. I am not really into Jackaroo, but almost sure that is the story.
XTZ that is why vehicles have a warranty, so that if anything goes wrong it will get fixed free to your satisfaction. I can sure understand you being an unhappy camper. Just hope the dealer does the job promptly and to your satisfaction. Sure you will still be happy with it as the Jacks have quite a reasonable track record.

My new Triton has had new rear brake shoes and new brake drums at two weeks. Fault from the factory. No problems at all, the dealer fixed it promptly without any issues and I am totally satisfied. I watched it getting done, as I consider my money to be first grade and expect first grade top quality service. I don't give my money to vehicle dealers or anybody else if I do not think they will be worthy of looking after me after I have bought the goods from them. I chose the dealer I bought the Triton from carefully and made sure they knew 100% were I was coming from. I accept nothing second rate or poor quality service.
AnswerID: 10938

Reply By: Savvas - Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 08:08

Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 08:08
Hi XTZ,

Do a search on the keywords JACKEROO and WHINE, in this forum. There is a posting by PETER on 24/11/02 about Jackeroo Transmission (he couldn't spell it either ... so don't feel bad).

One respondent, Daryl, stated that there is a kit to fix 5th gear, so make sure that the dealer gets it installed under warranty. If you need more detail, post a follow up to Daryl on that thread.

Another story I have heard, and I don't know how accurate it is, is that the whine can be induced by using GL4 grade gear box oil instead of GL5. This is because GL4 contains suplhur compounds which can attack certain alloys and cause damage that way. Once it occurs, that is it! The box needs a rebuild. If that's the case with your vehicle, it should still be a warranty issue as you didn't do it and you purchased the car that way.

A workshop manual for Jackaroo's is about $450-$495 from Holden only. Gregory's etc generally don't release workshop manuals until after a vehicle is no longer a current model. Which means for '98 and on we probably won't see them until 2004/2005.

But like Ozi says, that's what warranties are about. As it is a 2001, you still have the factory warranty there too (assuming it has less than 100,000km on it). So don't worry about it, get it fixed and ENJOY!!
AnswerID: 10975

Follow Up By: Cj - Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 11:13

Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 11:13
in regard to factory waranty - if you have any trouble with the dealer go straight to the manufacturer. I bought a 2nd hand Forester - 4years old/80 000 km - so it was 12 months out of waranty. I discovered it slipped out of 1st gear (a recognised fault ) but the dealer wasn't interested. I sent an Email via Subaru Web site and had a return phone message in 2 hours. Subaru basically said 'take back to the dealer and they will fix the problem'. It worked - you need to get past the front desk staff to the workshop manager as well. When the parts were available (2 weeks) they took the box out fixed the problem in 5 hours! Hopefully Holden are interested in maintaining their reputation for quality like Subaru. Good luck!
FollowupID: 5937

Reply By: XTZ - Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 08:54

Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 08:54
Thanx for your replies, yes it is under warranty and has just ticked over 60 000. It has never seen a dirt road or rain. It is still spotless underneath with sparkling bolts and suspension components.

I suppose it is one of those things. The worst thing is they gave me back my wife old car to use while they fix the JACKAROO.
What a slap in the eye that was.

I will have to save for the manual, as it would be great to have one simply for general/ basic maintence.
AnswerID: 10978

Follow Up By: Oziexplorer - Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 11:44

Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 11:44
XTZ have a chew in the service managers ear and see if you can borrow the service manual and photocopy it for personal use. This is to my knowledge allowable under copyright law - but check yourself
Twice with two different brands of vehicles they have let me photocopy the service manual. Nissan has the right idea at the low price they sell their service manuals. They could put them into PDF format and sell them really cheaply. $500 or thereabout is just ridiculous for service manuals. I don't know in the case of Jackaroo, but you can find on the net quite a range of manuals.
FollowupID: 5938

Follow Up By: Xtz - Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 14:43

Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 14:43
Fix my Jackaroo.
Thanx to this site I spoke fully armed to the local Holden dealer.
Never show all you cards first, they informed me that Jackaroo's just have noisy gearbox's and mine was " Its alot quieter than alot of others, its fine."
So do I have to drive with the stereo on for the next 10 years? I don't think so.
So what if I told you that GM-Isuzu are aware of the problem and actually make a repair kit for the vehicle.(learnt for here)
oh, we will check it again..........
Repair kit ordered vehicle gearbox being fixed next week.
FollowupID: 5952

Reply By: Savvas - Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 14:54

Friday, Jan 10, 2003 at 14:54
XTZ....

Great that you found the forum helpful. Even better news that it's getting fixed.

Good luck buddy!
AnswerID: 11000

Sponsored Links