Boggy hole NT

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 23, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 288 Views:1664 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
We are travelling into the NT in late August.I am wanting to travel the length of the boggy hole track and continue on to Kings Canyon.All information I have read say this is possible (if not wet). Some verbal reports say this track has been closed south of the camp site for a while now. Anyone with have any up to date info would be great thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Edwin Callard - Monday, Jun 25, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Jun 25, 2001 at 00:00
Glen, I'm in the same situation as you except I intend to travel north, from ernest giles rd. to palm valley and find it very hard to get info. I've tried the National parks for a phone number, but I must be looking in the wrong place. I know this note does'nt help you any but at least your not alone. I'll be watching your space anyhow for some replies. We might meet you there, have a good time anyhow, Edwin
AnswerID: 680

Follow Up By: Glen Halford - Monday, Jun 25, 2001 at 00:00

Monday, Jun 25, 2001 at 00:00
Edwin, thanks for your reply.We will be heading through that area about the 26th of August.Coming from the Gold Coast.All information I have including April Aust 4x4 says the track travels the length of the finke. I know a young guy who works at the rock and he tried to travel through but the store at Hermannsburg told him it had been washed away for a while. After much more searching and reading I have a phone number for the ranger at Finke Gorge Nat Park.08 89567401.
I have not tried this number but I hope it may be of some help. I E-mailed N.T. Tourism site and they were more than happy to post many brochures on 4x4ing in N.T. Let me know if i can help with anything else.
FollowupID: 194

Reply By: Edwin Callard - Saturday, Jun 30, 2001 at 00:00

Saturday, Jun 30, 2001 at 00:00
Glen. Thank you for the phone # of the Rangers office at Finke Gorge, I got in touch with them and they explained that you can travel to Boggy Hole either way but you can't get passed Boggy Hole. Obviously the rain has been generous again this year. The only problem I have now is that it is a long drive when you have to back track. Thanks again for the info, have fun on your trip and keep safe. Edwin
AnswerID: 704

Reply By: Greg - Tuesday, Jul 03, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Jul 03, 2001 at 00:00
Glen I have just come back from boggy hole. You can get to it from Hermansberg in about 2 hours of slow going but you must try to stick to the main track as getting bogged in wet sand can be very nasty. There are several water crossings but not deep. There is no way you can get past boggy hole. Camping at boggy hole is not much but there are many good sites back towards the fink river junction.
AnswerID: 717

Follow Up By: Glen Halford - Tuesday, Jul 03, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Jul 03, 2001 at 00:00
Thanks Greg for your reply. Is the track washed away or one big waterhole now to make it impassible. is it worth doing when you have to back track out. Thanks again for your reply.
FollowupID: 212

Sponsored Links