"Calibre" dual battery system

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 01, 2006 at 21:19
ThreadID: 29295 Views:4819 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience with the "Calibre" brand of dual battery system supplied from Supercheap auto. It is a solonoid type. It may also be supplied by others but this is where I have seen it.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ed. C.- Sunday, Jan 01, 2006 at 22:23

Sunday, Jan 01, 2006 at 22:23
Yeah, spotted these when I was in there on Boxing day (20%-off everything) ....

It says on the box... "Manufactured and packaged for Super Cheap Auto Pty Ltd" etc. etc.... & "Made in Australia".......

They appear to be very similar to the Redarc, and from what I could make out (from the instruction leaflet), work in a similar way.... I wouldn't be at all surprised if these are in fact, made (for S/Cheap) by Redarc... Anyone know if this is so????

At $95.00 list, they would appear to be a viable alternative to the Redarc... If ya happen to pick one up on one of their 20% off days ($76.00), then they look like very good value indeed!!!
I notice that S/Cheap have an increasing range of products packaged under this "Calibre" brand... Looks like it's their "house brand"....

You'll probably have noticed that they have a few switchmode battery chargers in this brand as well.. also made in Australia....

Good on ya SuperCheap for stockin' some Aussie-made products!!!!
Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand,
....Not necessarily mechanic!!"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 146252

Reply By: 4145derek - Monday, Jan 02, 2006 at 20:48

Monday, Jan 02, 2006 at 20:48
Hi Howard

Derek here,

Best to stay away from these cut cost solenoids. They have no track record and you don't want to be left in the middle of no where with a flat battery because you saved $20.

I only use good quality units in all my customers cars.

Stick to a quality product and have peace of mind.

Happy New Year !

Regards Derek
AnswerID: 146341

Sponsored Links