Moreton Isl. Post

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 15:13
ThreadID: 29328 Views:1647 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
With all the past problems, we seemed to have lost the post regarding Moreton Isl (post 29319 I think). Was there something offensive in there or was it just lost in Cyberspace?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 16:05

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 16:05
Check out 29325, could be the problem.

Kind regards
AnswerID: 146395

Reply By: porl - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 16:40

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 16:40
If this was the post I replied to I emailed the rangers and they got back to me saying nothing had changed regarding camping on the beaches except that campers were required to only use existing campsites. The ranger told me that over the christmas break, probably because of numbers, people were establishing their own campsites and own roads on existing dunes, she told me it was these people that were asked to move on.
AnswerID: 146403

Follow Up By: Member - Nobby - Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 17:49

Wednesday, Jan 04, 2006 at 17:49
Thanks for that porl. We are planning to go over later this year and the original post was disturbing to say the least. Good to see that most things have not changed over there. Nobby
FollowupID: 399931

Reply By: GEG - Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 00:35

Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 00:35
Hi
the post you are referring to had information for persons considering to go to Moreton who may not have been there before. It was not the authors intention to suggest persons should not go there, but for campers, especially ones from interstate, should be aware of what was occuring during the xmas/new years break. Or what occurs during the busy school holiday periods. (has moreton got busier since the no fires on Teewah, Bribie and Fraser was introduced)

The same information can be now sighted at http://www.exploroz.com/TrekNotes/TrekFeedback.asp?TrekID=62

ONe of the most important things to note is that petrol or diesel is not available from anywhere else on Moreton, but Bulwer. (& when they ran out - you couldnt get it from anywhere) The pamphlet info has not been updated yet... Its really hard for interstate families who pay a lot of money to travel to QLD then on to visit Moreton only to be asked to move their tent after they had erected it at what was not deemed a no camping site, nor were they camped in an area that was considered 'fresh tracks'.

I think the Moreton Island rangers decided to get extra tough during these xmas school holidays...Ill not be there during Easter...thats suppossed to be worse!

AnswerID: 146922

Sponsored Links