spare tyre

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 08:56
ThreadID: 29354 Views:1737 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Spare tyre removal from 4wd. I had a flat a while back and got RACV (Total care) out to change (because of back injury) and I could. Was told by the guy, that due to the spare being over 25kg the would not lift it of or on roof racks or rear tyre mounts. He only did mine because I have an 80 series with the spare under rear of 4wd. So just make sure if you need there help, that maybe you should ask about this. hope this helps. David
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Original Banjo (SA) - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 09:30

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 09:30
Indeed David - good point - they are damned heavy - I've got a dicky back and struggle to avoid a "back episode" with all such work - seeing there are so many of this vehicle class on the road, why don't the motoring services at least have a small lifter of some sort to at least lift it onto a rear mount. Roof racks are special, but rear mounts are standard.
AnswerID: 146512

Follow Up By: Kiwi Kia - Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 11:36

Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 11:36
Perhaps they could agree to do the lifting onto the carrier only if there was someone else available to assist ie. the driver. Not really to hard with two able bodied people working as a team.
FollowupID: 400022

Sponsored Links