Vibrating and shaking Jeep 100/110ks

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 05, 2006 at 14:20
ThreadID: 29368 Views:2709 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Well, wot a way to start, (I thought I done something to my system and helped to break the ExplorOz System ) My very first day and first thread on the Forum and They lose the whole of the 3rd Threads. Whew! Sorry to hear about the system fall over.
Back to the subject. On the now lost 3rd, I posted a thread (Missing 29338) re the vibration and shaking as previously by HAUSCAT thread 26982, having had the same problem. In my case several workshops missed spotting anything amiss with the front drive shaft, all had been asked to check UNI's and noted that tyres getting
down and showing wear, and may be out of balance or lost weights etc. wheel alignment, same, tyre rotation, same vibration and shaking occuring, but now starting in at about 90k/95ks, set on 92k cruise control all ok, step over that and away it went vibrating and shaking. off to suspension workshops, replace tie rod coupling on RHS, new steering damper and shocks, same as before, New Tyres Set
still the same, new damper rubbers no change. The when on a trip to the Terrority
(in a mates Rodeo on fishing Trip, when ask why we werent using the JEEP. He sugestted the only way to check drivehafts was to remove them one at a time and
bring the vehicle steadly up to the problem speed ,hardly every got past the front shaft. On return done same and all vibration GONE with removal of front shaft.
Took it to Hardy Spicers .and for a little under $200 checked for dents/dings/rebalance inspection of Cardan Joint new front Uni and paint job, now
running as when new . worn/damaged front uni caps most likely cause.Old uni showed nothing previously and easily passed the "workshop TEST".

This mostly the basis of the thread (lost 29338) of 3rd, Some one had responded
but because of the Problem, I never got to see same. Got the Email response, but
was unable to access to Forum

Could the previous respondent please do so again

hope I helped
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links