Coronation beach

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 15:50
ThreadID: 29437 Views:1605 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Could anyone tell me what the campsite at coronation beach north of Geraldton is like or any other beach camp spots in that area?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 15:56

Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 15:56
Coronation Beach Campsite is about 50 to 100mtrs from the water and has basic facilities, long drop loos but no water. Limited shade is available. It is a very popular spot and is usually well patronised during school hols etc.
There is a Ranger that collects camp fees mon to fri and the weekends are on a honesty basis, with collection box provided.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 147009

Reply By: Bilbo - Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 19:24

Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 19:24
As above. It's more or less right on the beach. It does suffer from the wind a fair bit. It's a good swiiming area and the fishing can be good for Mulloway, Tailor and Flathead further up the beach to the north. The beach at Coronation is inside a reef and is quiet shallow. Cray boatys anchor up there a lot and they are always trolling up & down day & night - but quietly out to sea.

The camping areas were once a "free for all and get one while ya can", but now they have areas fenced off that take 2 vans or 4 tents at a time in one site. Altogether, there's room fer about 25 vans, but the caretakers will always squeeze you in somewhere.

The caretakers are great & very easy going and friendly. But no fires allowed anywhere, anytime, all year round.

About 20 kms of mildly corrugated dirt to get in from the bitumen highway.

I liked it. We stayed about 10 days.

Bilbo
AnswerID: 147042

Reply By: rickwagupatrol - Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 00:28

Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 00:28
have a look at the web site,,,scroll till you find tourism.

http://www.chapmanvalley.wa.gov.au/tourism

hope this helps.
AnswerID: 147089

Reply By: fisho64 - Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 02:54

Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 02:54
might be a while since you've been there Bilbo!!, the road is sealed about halfway in, and its about 8 k's from the hiway. At this time of year there is loads of windsurfers there and it is very busy but that is only over dec early jan. There is a couple of crayboats there on moorings but they dont troll up and down day and night, just head out at between 4 and 6 am and back in during the arvo, mainly in the summer, but 1 or 2 til june.
Camp is a few steps from beach, and 28k's from Gero and same from Northampton.
There are other spots further on toward kalbarri with no facilities at all like Lucky Bay, and a lot of spots you could discreetly camp if your are out of the way.
AnswerID: 147094

Reply By: blaster7 - Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 10:56

Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 10:56
Thanks for all the info people now it,s time to talk to the handbrake. cheers
AnswerID: 147125

Sponsored Links