Attention All - NEW 06 CRUISER

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 18:53
ThreadID: 29444 Views:2196 Replies:5 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,

I'll get to the point, won't say where I work or what I do but for all your information there will be a new series Landcruiser coming out later this year. Australia will be the first country in the world to get it. The wagon will be powered by a , wait for it, 5 litre V8 twin turbo diesel with an intercooler, pushing something like 600nM mark in torque. The Cab-chassis will have the same engine, but only one turbo and no intercooler.
Will keep ya updated the more I hear. all I've heard is that she bloody goes.......

Go hard, or take it home!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: tour boy - Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 19:12

Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 19:12
Yeah, and one day I'll drive a nissan!!! LOL
AnswerID: 147039

Follow Up By: Axle - Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 19:47

Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 19:47
If this is correct i hope they get the tranny and suspension right this time, or boy what a mess.

Axle
FollowupID: 400479

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 19:45

Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 19:45
Manure.

This rumour has been around for 3 years +

The only thing missing is the photo of the little blue FJ25 or what ever it is.
AnswerID: 147045

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 19:47

Saturday, Jan 07, 2006 at 19:47
PS.

There were photos of the "V8 TT cruiser" round while ago, looks similar to the Dodge Ram...

But you have seen the new Playdoe, and the plasticine chassis hilux, thats the styling that it will be coming with...
FollowupID: 400478

Reply By: V8Diesel - Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 17:15

Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 17:15
It's running the all new Yaris drivetrain with go-kart diff centres, ultra-low profile 19.342" tyres (with a space saver spare) and under bumper spoiler mounted air intakes.;-)

It will also have 35V electrics and can only be filled with special patented Enviro-Diesel at one of 3 special BP 'Eco Love Flower Blossom Whale Reiki Crystal' filling stations (conveniently loctated in Double Bay, Kew and The Cocos Islands). A fourth station is scheduled to come on line in late 2008.

The glovebox design has been further simplified with only 19 servo's required to open it this time and the new windcreen washer reservoir is a sealed, freon charged unit which can be exchanged when empty for a full one at any metropolitan Toyota Dealer for $380 + GST + $1,240 fitting.

I'll be watching this space with interest.
AnswerID: 147211

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 18:02

Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 18:02
I thought I read it had twin turbos on each cylinder and only needed to be serviced every 400klm of 2 weeks (which ever comes first). The service costs are really cheap too, only $2,000- a time. The upside is that fuel economy will be much improved @11l/100klm (whereas the current model uses a whopping 11.25l/100klm....geez so many advances in technology. Also rumor has it that there is going to be some new toyota dealerships established.......one near poeppels Cnr, another 500 meters from Well 33 on the Canning and another one somewhere on the Gunbarrel.
Won't THAT make you sooooo much more confident tackling these tracks in your fantastic plastic.!!!! ;-)))))
FollowupID: 400576

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 19:02

Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 19:02
Got the real drum over emptying 62 stubbies of gods own 4x with an esteemed 4x4 mag/advertorial journo by the name of "Roothy " at a place called the mud flats hotel ,,tells me that the new Tojo will be powered by Nissan in the form of 2 x 3lt turbo intercooled diesels , mounted side by side under bonnet ,r/h engine driving front wheels and l/h driving rear wheels all thru a new 18 speed semi auto gearbox with no actual gear lever but an iteractive touch screen button for up and down ,,,engines will never need any form of servicing ,just a total replace at 15k intervals by selected dealers to save any warranty claims as experienced by this engine previously. The model designation is the Nisto6 landpatrol with a release date being 1/04/2006.
FollowupID: 400581

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 20:12

Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 20:12
Ive trumped this with a NEWSFLASH of my own :D
FollowupID: 400583

Reply By: Outbacktourer - Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 21:51

Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 21:51
Non-member TUFF IFS LUX (is there such a thing as a double oximoron?) posted about the new Landcruiser.

If this info is genuine then I thank him for his contribution.

It is however worth considering that a well known marketing tactic to diseminate "secret" information of a "fantastic" new model in advance, particularly if the current technology is percieved to be struggling in the market.

This tactic is very effective if used by a market leader or a "trusted" brand. Why? Because it creates doubt in a potential purchasers mind and delays the decision until the new model arrives, whatever it may turn out to be. IBM used to be sensational at this kind of thing in the technology area. When someone had something faster/cheaper they would say, but wait until you see what we have coming, sometimes it even arrived! It was effedctive because they really pulled some weight as a Company. Remember the saying no-body got fired for buying IBM? I hope the marketing guy who came up with that one got a good bonus.

For Toyota to plant information like this on an esteemed forum such as EO would be a very smart move if you were indeed engaging in this tactic and Toyota is a very smart marketing company.
AnswerID: 147274

Follow Up By: TUFF IFS LUX - Wednesday, Jan 11, 2006 at 22:12

Wednesday, Jan 11, 2006 at 22:12
mate,
i'm just a dumb ass mechanic who gets to talk to alot of engineers that pass through the joint, so you blokes here can take the info at face value. I've talked to 3 different blokes from 3 different departments and I thought that this forum would be a good place to pass on any "potential" new information that may help or interest you blokes out there. No, I havn't driven it, seen it, or anything else for that matter. But if a bloke can't pass on any descent and credible info that he has heard here to you blokes then next time I hear something of value I'll keep it to myself and not try and help out the people out there who might be genuinely interested in this sort of info.

No, I am not someone in marketing trying to send out dissinformation, like I said, i'm a dumb-ass mechanic with an interest in 4x4's and helping those likewise.

Go hard or go home!
FollowupID: 401198

Follow Up By: Outbacktourer - Wednesday, Jan 11, 2006 at 22:38

Wednesday, Jan 11, 2006 at 22:38
Yep, it's a tough crowd around here but you didn't do yourself any favours by starting out with "won't say where I work or what I do". Better to have gone with "i'm just a dumb ass mechanic who gets to talk to alot of engineers that pass through the joint" as you did above.

Like I said "If this info is genuine then I thank him for his contribution." And I do. Kind of interested in what the next Tojo and Nissan generations turn out to look like myself. Seems Tojo wants to be first on the street with the next generation.

Are these guys you are talking to involved in testing?
FollowupID: 401211

Reply By: wresat - Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 00:17

Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 00:17
My god, is this new info???

They have been testing this vehicle in Aust for the last few months in the far north of SA and up into the Kimberly. Vehicle full of test equipment etc. The story was even written about the towns local paper. I wont say what town for “security reasons”!!!!!

The original post does sound like an ad!!
AnswerID: 147927

Sponsored Links