inskip ,double island

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 07:24
ThreadID: 29453 Views:2086 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
have been camping at double island and the area since a kid in 1972 when they used to sand mine at freshwater we used to drive an old 2 wheel station wagon in to freshwater from rainbow side when the mines looked after the roads, oh how things have changed. I heard about the trouble at inskip, and yes it was packed for the rangers closed it between Boxing Day and new years, but so was Double Island. the police were everywhere on the beach personally got bagged twice so plenty police presence ,maybe should spend more time at inskip ?my problem lies with what we call blowins ,they arrive between boxing day and new years(the population swells by at least 400% I would say a lot of them don’t pay fees
(4 $ a night per person tight bastards) stay with people all ready set up and tell the rangers I am only staying the day ,bull. I believe they need to start charging for a beach permit for vehicles which if you have maybe give you a discount of your camping fees if your there a period longer than say 2 weeks. get the rangers to start fining people who don’t do the right thing .inskip is a bit harder don’t need a 4wd to get there ,but your allowed to take pets say no more when you jammed in shoulder to shoulder nothing worse than standing in dog sh*t.or some dog scaring the crap out of your kids. then you get these so called boom boxes don’t these morons realize that you camping to meet new friends and enjoy the view and peace and quiet (be even nicer if they played something you could listen too) I just don’t have a knee jerk reaction to what happened at inskip and ask real campers for some solutions and not bandade fix .rumor only a rumor at the local pub at rainbow that the people who started the blew where from Gympie a not so far away town dags

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: roofscooter2 - Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 08:08

Sunday, Jan 08, 2006 at 08:08
dags,ufortunately the way of the populated world.seems a lot less respect for other people & belongings.one must travel to lesser well known areas for what you/we are seeking it is sad but just my thoughts. regards ,bob.
AnswerID: 147101

Sponsored Links