UHF Repeater Waypoints

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:56
ThreadID: 2955 Views:2939 Replies:5 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
I don't know if this has been done before, but I developed an Excel spreadsheet to convert the repeater locations listed on this site, to a CSV file that can be imported in to oziexplorer. If anyone would like a copy, let me know. Cheers. Andrew O.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: OziExplorer - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 12:21

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 12:21
Andrew that would be an excellent piece of work to be in the public domain avaialble for download.
May I suggest this would be a good starting point:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OziUsers-L
AnswerID: 11269

Follow Up By: Ray - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 15:41

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 15:41
Already been done a long time ago. The file should still be in the files section of the yahoo ozi group you mention.
FollowupID: 6217

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 17:02

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 17:02
Ozi & Ray,

Thanks to Andrew's work I have now created a download option directly on the UHF Repeaters page. This will allow download directly of the currently active data in the ExplorOz database to your PC for use in OziExplorer. This means that as repeaters are changed or added to ExplorOz you have the ability to download the latest files at any time.

From the UHF Repeaters Index select your state or all and select the download option at the top.

Andrew has been given free membership for his efforts in the project.

Just shows everyone that we can add these features very quickly if you tell us (finished 4 hours after original post).

Regards
David
FollowupID: 6222

Reply By: Member - Stephen- Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 13:21

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 13:21
Andrew,

Well done. I was looking to do the same myself - you've saved me a job!!

Perhaps David or Michelle could put it on the site for an easy download?

If not, send me a copy to skte.jeffers@bigpond.com

Thanks in advance.

Stephen J.
AnswerID: 11272

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 17:03

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 17:03
Stephen,

Thanks to Andrew's work I have now created a download option directly on the UHF Repeaters page. This will allow download directly of the currently active data in the ExplorOz database to your PC for use in OziExplorer. This means that as repeaters are changed or added to ExplorOz you have the ability to download the latest files at any time.

From the UHF Repeaters Index select your state or all and select the download option at the top.

Just shows everyone that we can add these features very quickly if you tell us (finished 4 hours after original post).

Regards
David
FollowupID: 6223

Reply By: Member - Mike - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 13:28

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 13:28
Excellent, yes please.
mfretwell@bigpond.com
Thanks
Mike
AnswerID: 11274

Regards
David
FollowupID: 6224

Reply By: Mikef_Patrol - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 14:03

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 14:03
Me too please.
mikef@frontierisp.net.au
Thanks
MikeF
AnswerID: 11280

Regards
David
FollowupID: 6225

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 14:17

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 14:17
Andrew,

Please send us a copy as I would love to have a look at what you have done. I have be working on actually adding all of the UHF repesters to the .map files as map comments/permenant waypoints for the NatMap and Hema GDT CD's. I was going to make these available for a couple of bucks in the Adenture Shop. This is a huge task as each map file needs to be modified and on NatMap this is some hundreds of files. For the GDT it is not so bad.

As mentioned I would like to see your file as I have created a similiar file already but was not really happy with the way the waypoints needed to be loaded over/into your already created waypoint files.

Good job
David
AnswerID: 11281

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 14:54

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 14:54
Email to david@itbeyond.com.au
Ta
FollowupID: 6215

Follow Up By: Andrew O - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 14:57

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 14:57
I have now put the file in the forum mentioned by oziexplorer, under the waypoints directory, and emailed those who supplied their address.

David, I can see what you are doing is alot of work. One question though with the points in the map file, can they be uploaded to the GPS? My approach is to plan the trip, then at the end, add the repeater waypoints, one state at a time, removing those not near the general route. This super waypoint file is then loaded to my GPS, together with the routes and tracks. Then its just a case of "joining the dots" in the car.
Cheers
Andrew
FollowupID: 6216

Follow Up By: Exploroz Team - David - Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 17:06

Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003 at 17:06
Andrew,

You have the option to make them waypoints or just map features. This will allow you to only select the UHF repeaters that you actually want to go to the GPS and still have all the others shown on the page.

David
FollowupID: 6226

Sponsored Links