Exide Battery Company, good service

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 11, 2006 at 21:58
ThreadID: 29592 Views:3550 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Gday all, I just wanted to give credit where it was due. The Exide N70EXL Battery in my GQ died last week, the poor girl hasn't been getting much of a run lately and the battery bit the dust.

I thought the battery was about 12 months old...so have been ratting thru paperwork everythwere trying to find my receipt with no luck. So today I was passing the local Kmart auto, who is an Exide dealer but not where I bought it from, and thought I'd pop in for a quote on a replacement battery.

He told me he could do me one for $150, and I mentioned I thought it was around 12 months old but couldn't find the receipt to have it replaced. He said bring it in and they can check the codes on the side for the 24 months warranty.

The code showed it was 23 months old so he had to test it to see if it was in fact dead. They hooked it up to a fancy charger/tester, and told me to come back later when it had recharged because then they could actualy test it...so I watched him hook it up and can see it's taking a charge now...which it wasn't doing at home where it registered 6 volts.

So my heart sank a bit thinking you blokes will do whaterver it takes to knock back my warranty claim...including pointing out a couple of burn marks on a terminal where I had clipped the body and positive with a spanner.

Anyway, I ring back and he says they checked the battery, and there is a new one sitting here for you...which I promptly went down and grabbed...I mean these things just never happen these days right?! Anyway, gave the bloke who initialy told me about the code a few beers to say thanks and saved myself $150. So very happy and will definitely stick with Exide now.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Jan 11, 2006 at 22:15

Wednesday, Jan 11, 2006 at 22:15
My Yuasa N70ZZ Overlander lasted 6 years in two vehicles. I now have 2 Century Overlanders which should give me good service as well(same company)

Geez, 23 months isnt good for a battery. It should last longer than that?
AnswerID: 147905

Follow Up By: Gajm (VIC) - Wednesday, Jan 11, 2006 at 22:24

Wednesday, Jan 11, 2006 at 22:24
Yeah you'd hope so, and every other Exide I have owned has...I just put it down to the GQ sitting in the driveway covered in cobwebs, her last real good run was September...I am so ashamed...thats the only explantation I have for it giving up like that. There is minimal power draw from the alarm and a few other things otherwise.
FollowupID: 401206

Reply By: Rod E B - Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 13:42

Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 13:42
I had a similar thing happen to me at Kmart Auto , Merrylands

those guys can be quite helpful sometimes
AnswerID: 148025

Sponsored Links