TERACAN

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 12:44
ThreadID: 29607 Views:1687 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
just seen an ad for the bendigo hyundai dealer selling diesel teracans for the same price as v6.
any one looking at bying one should hastle there local dealer.
cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 15:55

Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 15:55
Must be national,the Geelong dealer is offering it as well, was in the weekend rag.
AnswerID: 148064

Reply By: Nudenut - Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 16:38

Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 16:38
why would anyone want to get a terror can....what is it anyway? lol
AnswerID: 148083

Follow Up By: Bros 1 - Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 17:29

Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 17:29
Nudie,
I think it must be a relation of either a s**tcan, dunnycan or a garbagecan. This vilification will probably get me socially CANNED. Then again it will probably open a CAN of worms.
Cheers,
Bros.
Work is the curse of the down and out bludger.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 401358

Reply By: eerfree - Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 22:06

Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 at 22:06
Petrol can,diesel can,jerry can,tin can or terracan????

eerfree
AnswerID: 148175

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Friday, Jan 13, 2006 at 09:36

Friday, Jan 13, 2006 at 09:36
At least my pajero is not coping the flack any more, what was that spanish word?
AnswerID: 148249

Reply By: spak - Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 19:09

Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 19:09
G'day guy's,
I have a terracan!!!!.
In all seriousness though, we bought ours about a month or so before this deal was advertised(not happy jan), and although there was a saving of around $10k over the prado GXL at that time, this vehicle has cost us more in many ways than just money!!!. We have had so much trouble with the suspension it's not funny. It had and still has this double bounce coming from the front end. We had the Trek 'N" Tow ($2500)kit fitted by Hyundai and the bloody thing was worse than the original so called soft suspension.It was actually quite dangerous and we had it inspected and tested by 3 companies including RACQ all of which said this needs to be looked at and 2 said it should not be on the road. This kit was supposed to fix all these problems, but there is a very big under lying problem and that is Hyundai fit the same TnT kit into the petrol as the diesel. The diesel is around 170kg heavier than the petrol and most is over the front end, go figure!!. Anyway I was told I was the only one i n aust complaining about this. After a bit of to and fro and replacing the 4 shocks after one, yes one month of which when they had these tested one of them had failed, I really got the heebies and sent my dealer a really "nice" letter explaining my predicament, the remedy and what I wanted out of them (like removing the TnT and refitting the old susp and giving our money back). Two hours before the deadline we gave them they rang us and said they would do what we wanted and to arrange a time to do this. Now we have an OME package from ARB $1000 fitted(4 shocks & 2 rear springs but no front torsion bars)
and it handles and steers a hell of alot better than it did,BUT it still has this annoying little double bounce from the front end(not as bad as it was though). All I have left to replace is the torsion bars and so are waiting for these to be manufactured, not holding my breathe though. But overall the vehicle is not a bad one(apart from the susp), the engine is great, tows a nearly 1 ton camper very well (this was on Fraser Island when it was really soft over xmas), gets great fuel economy, had it around 9.11L/ 100klm's and best of all SWMBO is happy.
Would we buy another one,NOT on your nelly!!!!. Moral is buy only what you know ( this is testament to Prado sales around 1400/month to Terracan sales around 250/month???) Plus you can get so many more goodies for your Toyota or Nissan than you can poke a stick at.
P.S. you only get what you pay for?
spak

AnswerID: 148781

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 11:09

Monday, Jan 16, 2006 at 11:09
well if i was shopping for a newie, i'd give hyundai a look, in all seriousness they arent too bad with most of the models, just look at the excell, still going strong.

AND they are now offering a 5 year unlimited ks warranty !!!!! on all models. Thats damn good.
AnswerID: 148886

Sponsored Links