Campomatic Camper Trailer

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 13:58
ThreadID: 29688 Views:4588 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We have very recently purchased a new Campomatic Camper trailer - complete with tinny, boat loader & folding boat trailer. We are dissapointed to find that the camper trailer did not come with a manual of any sort and as we are new at this type of camping, we are finding it extremely difficult & stressful to figure things out. I am wondering if anyone out there has a 2005 Campomatic. We are definitely not enjoying the experience of being proud owners of what I am sure is an excellent trailer at the moment. We are not having much success with getting help from the manufacturer at this stage so I thought that maybe we could call on some experience from you seasoned camper trailer users.
Would appreciate any help.
Regards
Woody
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rodos - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 15:46

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 15:46
I don't own a Campomatic but it would help people answers your question if you could describe what types of things are giving you stress. Is it the camper the boat or trailer? Is it setup or towing? Do you have some examples? Lots here should be able to help.
AnswerID: 148537

Reply By: Gronk - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 15:58

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 15:58
After buying a KK camper trailer 8months ago (and being shown everything there was to know about it) I'm surprised that whoever you bought it off didn't show you even the basics of how to set it up or how to operate any of devices on it?
AnswerID: 148541

Reply By: Darian (formerly Banjo) - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 18:00

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 18:00
I'd be happy to assist Woody but you may not be in the Adelaide area ? We bought a new Ranger M3 mid 2004, just before they went into "administration". There were delays in supply and the company's PK skills were substandard IMO. Subsequently sold to Trakshak here in SA is the story. Ours has been good to us so far - we like it a lot and have made some mods here and there, but overall, its great for bush camping. Its done a few trips now - Birdsville, MacDonnel Ranges etc - even been up the Finke Gorge. Our paperwork was not comprehensive, but the former owner in QLD (Jeff Eastwell) did give us a manual of sorts to cover the technicalities of the components etc. There were certificates in there for the statutory gas and electrical work. Jeff trucked ours down and then flew down to hand it over. Who did you buy yours from ? Where was it made ?
eMail: darian@picknowl.com.au (if you prefer). Got a few pics on my site at ....... homepages.picknowl.com.au/darian
AnswerID: 148550

Follow Up By: AAWoody - Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 14:04

Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 14:04
Thanks Darian, your website is excellent & will help us I'm sure. I will email you with specifics on what we need to know if thats o.k. To evryone else, thankyou for responding. We have already complained to the manufacturer without a great deal of success so far- Our reason for asking for help on this forum. The reason I didn't list all of our problems is because 1. It would take me too long to type them out & 2. Problems we are having are relevent only to Campomatic e.g electrics installed, gas system installed, boat loader operation, boat trailer put together & operation,the list goes on. Thanks anyway, we will battle on.
Regards
Woody
FollowupID: 401907

Reply By: snailbait (Blue mntns) - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 20:13

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 20:13
aawoody
why dont you go back to where you purchased it from to complain
snailbait
Life MEMBER snailbait Oberon HF RADIO CLUB VKE237 mobile 7661

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 148576