9500lb warn winch question

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 14:31
ThreadID: 29689 Views:1855 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
good afternoon wise people.
on a warn winch with nothing conected there is 3 places that the switch box/power box is conected.
2 in 1 spot and 1 on its own and also a negative bolted on.
now with just the winch its self what way do i conect the jumper leads to get in to work in or out.
i was thinking the possitive to the single bolt with the negative conected via the lead and then conect the neg jumper lead to one or the other 2 bolts thinking one might be in and the other out.
but nothing happens.
any help would be great.
cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Pezza (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 19:52

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 19:52
Are you still going to use the control box with the remote lead to operate it, or are you trying to make it wind in and out just by using the jumper leads?

Avagoodn
Pezza
AnswerID: 148572

Follow Up By: Sir Diamond - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 20:07

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 20:07
gday pezza.
thats corect control box not working and i have 5 metres of wire hanging out so i just want to spool it back in.
cheers
FollowupID: 401807

Follow Up By: Member - Pezza (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 20:42

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 20:42
Hmm, sorry mate, can't help you with that problem, dare say one of the many electricaly minded wizzes from here will be along shortly to help out.
And if that fails you could always ring Bamaga and speak to any one of our friendly native australians that run your cable back over your vehicle to hook it onto your tow bar and then short circuit your winch.

Avagoodn
Pezza
FollowupID: 401812

Reply By: Eighty - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 22:53

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 22:53
Connect negative to frame of winch. Bridge the one post on its own with any one of the two and then the one remaining to positive. That will make it go one way. To reverse change the bridge to the other of the two and then the positive to the remaining. that should reverse it. Eighty
AnswerID: 148621

Reply By: Eric Experience. - Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 22:54

Saturday, Jan 14, 2006 at 22:54
Sir Diamond.
The connections on the winch motor are the brushes and the field, in order to reverse the winch the field has to be reversed. if you apply power to the brush connection and earth you will get a spark but no rotation, if this does not happen then your brushes are U.S. the brush terminal is closest to the brush end of the motor. If you do get a spark then connect the other 2 terminals in series and the winch will rotate, if it goes the wrong way reverse the field wires, Eric
AnswerID: 148622

Sponsored Links