Oztrail Tents - extended awning?

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 16:52
ThreadID: 29721 Views:2214 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

reading posts on Oztrail tents and looking at their website. I do not see an awning that attaches to the tent like the Freedom / Southern Cross do. Can you get such an awning? I see there is a seperate fly which they make - perhaps this is what is used?

Do Oztrail tents pack flat like the others?

We currently have a Freedom Tourer but it is starting to get a bight tight for family of 5. Looking at the larger tents same style seems Oztrail is a much less expensive alternative.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 17:36

Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 17:36
The Oztrail 9 , the square model, has a door either side and no awning but the 9 PLUS model does have a seperate awning from the door, but it is only slightly larger than the door. My only complaint with my 9 PLUS model was water leaking through the bottom of the door zip in torrential conditions. But with the awning zipped down over the door, this cannot happen, i had the awning up at the time. I paid $330 delivered from ebay. I cant find anything wrong with mine, it is well made in all areas but the floor is a fairly thick woven polypropylene and not a heavier PVC as in the Southeren Cross and Freedom. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 148775

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 20:25

Sunday, Jan 15, 2006 at 20:25
Forgot to mention that the oztents do pack flat and come with their own bag. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 148799

Sponsored Links