NEW LC100 Sahara

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006 at 15:22
ThreadID: 29788 Views:2031 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Would like some feedback on the updated Sahara (like the comfort!). Looking at doing a bit of touring, eg up to the Cape OTL,Simpson, Kimberley etc... usual places for a 4WD and occasional weekend warrior stuff. Anyway want some feedback on how they handle and what the new adjustable shocks are like. Is it worth upgrading the springs and shocks from the start to Koni's and Bilstein... or do people think its worth hanging out until the next model which will probably be even softer than the current one!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Janis - Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006 at 19:07

Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006 at 19:07
Bigmal
I bought a 2005 model Sahara and found that towing a Jayco Dove the rear springs sagged unbelievably. As a result I upgraded to stiiffer suspension and torsion bars in the front with Konis all around. As a result when we went camping over Xmas fully loaded 'Cruiser towing the Jayco fully laden with a tinny on top I had no issues with suspension at all!

Of course the latest Sahara has air assist rear suspension so it may be quite different however I'll bet the standard fit shockers are still very ordinary.

Cheers
Janis
AnswerID: 149203

Reply By: Outbacktourer - Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006 at 21:40

Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006 at 21:40
You need to address this to the Lexus LX470 owners, it's the same set-up. I have a mate with one who has done a few bif trips. The dealer recommended he fit polyairs to "assist" the ride height adjustable shocks with extra weight when loaded for tripping (with CT). This seeems to have worked. He has an early one '98 or '99 and since new has had no issues, still on the original shocks/springs.
AnswerID: 149231

Sponsored Links