car showers

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006 at 21:29
ThreadID: 29807 Views:1838 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi can anybody help me i have a glind shower unit which i have had 3 before im trying to fit in a 100 series v8 i cant find the room any help would be great
BTW if any of u guys want a genny i sell honda eu range ring me ill fix OZ guys with a good price
Simon Edwards
07 32816288
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Crackles - Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006 at 23:28

Tuesday, Jan 17, 2006 at 23:28
I haven't measured the space under the bonnat of the V8 but suspect it would have a similar clearance to the diesel which has room to mount the heat exchanger horozontally above the motor using 2 exhisting bolts in the firewall. This has the advantage of being very close to the heater tap to keep the hose lengths short. A small adaptor bracket will need to be fabricated.Alternatively I have heard of one being mounted out of the way in the left hand gaurd.
I mounted my preasure pump low down in the side of the bull bar making it easier to prime.
Cheers Craig..........
AnswerID: 149263

Reply By: Moose - Wednesday, Jan 18, 2006 at 14:26

Wednesday, Jan 18, 2006 at 14:26
G'day Simon
Not sure if this is of any help but have you tried looking at mounting the heat exchanger vertically? A mate has a diesel 100 and that's what he had to do. Works just fine.
Cheers from the Moose
AnswerID: 149392

Reply By: jeremy- Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 21:02

Thursday, Jan 19, 2006 at 21:02
Hi Simon.....i have a 100 series v8 and the glind shower.I have mounted the heat exchanger behind the engine.It fits horizontally with the bracket using the one bolt thats in the fire wall.You will have to drill a new hole in your mounting plate and also use a longer bolt and spacer to fit it onto the fre wall.I used some rubber over the ends of the heat exchanger bracket as the ends will push up hard against the fire wall and then some large cable ties where the hose enters the exchanger around where the heater hoses enter the fire wall.Had me stuffed for a while trying to figure a way and it hasn`t moved a bit offroad.......you may find that the3hoses exiting the unit on the drivers side is tight to the fire wall but i took the brass fitting out and slipped the hose over the plastic boss where the fitting was and is fine..hope this helps and if you need more explanation you can post a reply on the forum to me on my question on the "two zone " engel unit good luck... jeremy
AnswerID: 149695

Sponsored Links