Dingo Fence Hunerford to Camerons Corner

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 16, 2003 at 12:26
ThreadID: 2984 Views:2071 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
In April this year along with a few friends (approx 3-4 vehicles) are planning on driving some of the dingo fence between Hungerford and Camerons Corner. What sections of the fence can be traveled? From reading sections of the forum it appears that only from Hamilton gate to Hungerford is open to the public. We will be leaving Nockundra to drive to Hungerford so would like to know the best track to take to give us the longest drive along the fence can any one help?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Craig - Sunday, Jan 19, 2003 at 19:53

Sunday, Jan 19, 2003 at 19:53
Sorry I cannot help you with this one, but Shame no-one has replied as this is a trip I would also like to do in the near future.
Regards
Craig.
AnswerID: 11534

Follow Up By: Pelly - Monday, Jan 20, 2003 at 07:39

Monday, Jan 20, 2003 at 07:39
Thanks Craig, we're looking forward to the trip the Dingo fence is only a small part of the whole trip but something we all wish to do. Wednesday or Thursday after Easter should see us there.

Cheers
FollowupID: 6475

Reply By: Jack - Wednesday, Jan 22, 2003 at 08:19

Wednesday, Jan 22, 2003 at 08:19
I was in Hungerford last year (July) and had planned to travel the Dingo Fence. It is now a definitye NO NO .... with the signs carrying the strongest message that it is not to be driven by unauthorised drivers. "Moc" at the Hungerford pub (one of the bush's great characters) similarly advised us not to .. he had one traveller call in saying someone had stopped him as he travelled the fence and considered himself "lucky to be alive" ... But Corner Country is a terrific trip. Enjoy!!
Jack
AnswerID: 11662

Follow Up By: Pelly - Wednesday, Jan 22, 2003 at 10:14

Wednesday, Jan 22, 2003 at 10:14
Thanks Jack, we were hoping to travel to Hungerford from Nuccundra via Hamilton gate sounds like we had better make a phone call or two b4 we go. Just the same we are looking forward to seeing Corner country some of our party have already seen some area's but this trip taking some new area's.

again thanks,

Pelly
FollowupID: 6603

Sponsored Links